Can a beauty junkie go for a year without buying beauty products? Four months down!

/
0 Comments
Well, this month was the first month I cracked a bit and spent outside my no buy rules. Despite this, I'm still on the wagon and pushing on with the spending ban.

How I cracked: I think it might have had something to do with spending the Mecca gift cards I'd received over Christmas. Something about starting to 'purchase' again turned on a little button in my brain. Then I was in Priceline one day buying some boring baby-related stuff, and somehow the Australis Contour Kit ended up in my basket without my quite realising. Sure, it only cost $16.95 and it was great that I got the second last one (the sales assistant told me they walk off the shelves whenever new stock arrives, so I was lucky to get one) - plus I'd heard so many good things about it and wanted to try it - but I hadn't gone in there looking for it and it was definitely an impulse buy that didn't quite register at the time.

Hoh well. The only other beauty spending that's broken the rules relates to my Mecca gift cards - I didn't have quite enough gift card value to cover each little bundle of purchases, so I spent something like $8 and then $12 to make up the difference. I think that's ok ; )

I hadn't meant to spend all my Mecca dollars at once, but then I suddenly seemed to realise that I was about to give birth (and have now done so - YAY) and I mightn't be able to drop by Mecca for a good while. In the weeks leading up to childbirth, I went into a bit of a frenzy and did all sorts of things I mightn't be able to do once the baby was here (go out for breakfast, see a movie etc) and covering my arms with swatches in Mecca was one of them. I don't regret it for a second!

Anyway. I'll keep going with the spending ban because I'm enjoying using the products I own and we do need all our pennies for super-fun things like nappies. Having said that, my Lust Have It subscription finishes this month and I'm wondering whether my Violet Box subscription will be enough to keep me happy. While I don't need any more stuff, the joy I get from the arrival of those damn boxes is worth a hell of a lot. And since I'll be nailed down breastfeeding for a while, I'm ok with breaking the ban to have another box delivered to me monthly. I might wait to see what the sneak peek LHI item is for February and go from there.

That's all from me! A slip up but not a bad one. I'll keep going.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.