Project Pan 2015: Update #2

/
0 Comments
It was only around three weeks ago that I did my first Project Pan 2015 update, and I must say that I wasn't expecting to be writing my second update so soon - knocking off four products in the process. Yay to that: it's the whole point of this exercise!

From my initial Project Pan 2015 list, my updated list was as follows:
  • Drww Mix & Match Set Vol 2 
  • Benefit's Coralista Blush (3g travel size)
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti
  • Tonymoly Circle Lens Mascara
  • 2 x Erborian BB creams
  • Sweetpea & Fay Liquid Lipstick in Papercut
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour Concentrate in Twirl
  • Mememe Cosmetics Seventh Heaven Face Base
  • Lancome L'Absolu Nu in 201, Beige de Soie (1g mini)
  • Colour Theory Nail Polish in Tangerine Dream

Here's how the top three products are looking:


As you can see, the Coralista blush is about halfway. Since I've been using it almost every day since the beginning of November, I think we can say that 3g of blush lasts around 6 months - but I'll do a 'how long does it take to finish...?' post on this later on to confirm that.

I've been pretty lazy with the mix and match set: the concealer is gone and the gloss won't last long, but the other products are taking me ages to get through. I'll have to make a more concerted effort to use them - it's just that I have so many blushes and lip products that I like better, so I'm only using these sparingly for a bit of extra colour underneath. Still, we'll get there.

The eyeshadow is going to take me YEARS to get through - I've barely made a dent! I've started using it as a brow filler as well as a liner, but that doesn't seem to be speeding up the process too much. I might have to switch it out at some point because it's starting to annoy me ; )

As for the other three original products, Papercut is on the way out, the Erborian BBs are about 40 per cent gone and the clear mascara (which I'm using on my brows) could easily last another four months or so. It'll be interesting to see how long it does last: I've never gotten through a whole mascara before because you need to throw them out after a few months to prevent eye infection. But you don't need to do that when it comes to your brows (I don't reckon, anyway - too far away from your eyes) so I'm going to use every last drop.


Here are the empties! Review links follow:
  • The Mememe primer I'm glad to see go: I love it, but I've had it too long so it needed to be used.
  • The nail polish didn't last as long as expected: it was getting rather thick and gloopy by the end, so it only lasted two rounds of applications on all four sets of nails.
  • The Lancome lipstick I used up ridiculously quickly because it was so sheer and melted a lot when applied. Glad it's gone! I wasn't a fan of it.
  • The OCC loose colour I'm also glad to see go: it was a lovely product but too shiny for me and I was never going to use it unless I found other purposes for it. I've been using it as an illuminator (mixed in with primer) to give my face a nice glow under my foundation. I also used it on my legs, collarbones and shoulders if I was going out and wanted to look glowy without looking glittery.

Here are my replacements:


I quite enjoy choosing replacements and far too much thought goes into selecting my Project Pan products haha. I've got a little box where I drop in products I come across that I think need to be Project Panned and, when it comes to doing an update post, I have a good look at what I've got open and what I have in stock, and therefore what I need to use up and what I think I'll actually be able to use on a daily basis.


Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer in 02 and 03, from How to Look the Best at Everything Kit (travel size)

Full review here. I have three new, open concealers (oops - couldn't help myself) and need to get through them in turn, rather than reaching for whatever takes my fancy. I chose this Benefit one to add to the list because it was the first one opened, and also because it only contains around 3g of product so I'll get through it faster (and therefore keep my motivation up). It should take me a couple of months to finish. After that I might have to put one of the bigger products in.

Mememe Cosmetics Beat the Blues Illuminator in Moonbeam

Full review here. I've had this far too long. I like it and I do use liquid illuminator, it's just that I wound up with a few of them and I've done my usual and opened too many. I've also been getting through little-used eyeshadows by using them as illuminator, but it's time to return to my (preferred) liquid products. There's 12ml in this and it's basically full. I think it'll take me two months to get through this, since I use illuminator as much as primer, and I already know that it takes me around two months to get through 15ml of primer (see post on that here).


Bodyography Foundation Primer Clear (15ml travel size)

I've had this product sitting there for ages. It was given to me as a sample with an old order and I've been meaning to open it for a while - in part because I'm not sure how old it is and I reckon it needs to be used. As you may know, I'm a huge Bodyography fan and this is meant to be a great product, so I'm looking forward to opening it today!

Dewytree Mineral Healthy Sun Cut Loose Powder SPF27 PA++

Ach, a finishing powder. Full review here. I don't use these so much because my skin's on the dry side and I prefer a dewy finish, but I have a few to get through (thankfully the others are unopened) and I do need them on occasion - particularly when it's warmer and makeup tends to shift/slip without one. I'd say there's at least 8g left in this and, while I like it (and like that it has sun protection), I've got my work cut out for me. If I try hard I should be able to get through this in around four months.

In sum

Project Pan 2015 continues! It's not an easy thing to do, that's for sure. Still, I've been managing to make in-roads into various products (and finish a few) so I'm determined to keep going!

I'll check back in soon. Wish me luck!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.