Maslow & Co, French Edit, June 2017 - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

I cannot tell you how excited I was when this arrived on Thursday afternoon, and I was also glad to discover that Fastway knocked this time so I got my box as soon as it was delivered. Huzzah!

It's a good box. Indeed, it's my favourite since the NZ edit - partly because it's skincare-heavy and I've hit saturation point with my makeup collection so I'd much rather receive other things, and also because receiving skincare is my personal preference.

There are the contents below. It's one of those boxes that just looked promising from the moment I took off the lid.


Look at all that pretty goodness!

I must say that when I opened it, my heart was in my throat for a moment because I could smell something lovely as soon as I removed the outer box. I was worried that something had burst or leaked in transit, but thankfully it hadn't and that little green soap was responsible for the fragrance.

What I'll do now is go through each item in turn, and later I'll write individual reviews of any product that's large enough to warrant a full review. 
  

Maven Gift: Apsu Travel Candle in Varanasi (RRP $19 AUD each)

First up, the Maven Gift for this month. These are gorgeous little travel candles that come in pretty tins. I received the one in Varanasi, which is fragranced with rose, jasmine and a citrus top note. 

I'm fresh out of candles so I'm happy with this inclusion and I plan to fire it up straight away. I also really like the tin so I'll keep that for display purposes once I've finished the candle.


Institut Karite Paris Macaron Hand Soap (RRP $7 AUD for one)

These are petite hand soaps shaped in the style of a macaron. They're apparently rich in vitamins a, e and f, and contain shea butter to help nourish and regenerate skin. They're designed to add moisture and nutrients back into skin where other soaps normally strip them away, and they should target dry, chapped and ageing hands.

Four colours are available and I received a green one, which smells citrus-y and lovely. While I personally would never spend seven bucks on a soap this small, that's why I love sub boxes: you get the opportunity to try luxurious things that might normally be off your radar or out of your budget.


Institut Karite Paris Verbena & Shea Hand Cream (RRP $14 AUD for 30ml)

This is described as a silky, quick-absorbing cream that melts effortlessly into your hard-working hands to intensively nourish, protect and repair. It's apparently vitamin-rich and nourishing, and each available version (you receive one of three flavours) contains shea butter.

I love the look of this little hand cream and can't wait to start using it. Thankfully I'm low on hand cream so I'll be able to crack this open immediately and put it straight on the bedside table. Looking forward. 


Nuxe Nuxellence Éclat Serum (RRP $64 AUD for 50ml full-size; received 15ml sample valued at $19.50)

According to the description, this intelligent anti-ageing serum works on a cellular level to energise your skin. Lightweight in texture, it's enriched with passion flower, hyaluronic acid and pigment correctors, which work to immediately illuminate your complexion. Perfect to use by itself for a natural ‘no-makeup makeup’ look or before foundation for a lit-from-within glow.

I've really liked the Nuxe skincare I've tried to date, so fingers crossed I like this too. If you read this blog, you'll know that serums are probably my favourite skincare item - and this one isn't ridiculously priced at $64 for a large 50ml so I'd be happy to spend the money on it if it works. 


La Roche-Posay LIPIKAR Cleansing Oil (RRP $32.95 AUD for 400ml; received 100ml valued at $12.95)

Enriched with shea butter, Lipikar is a gentle body cleanser designed to help soothe and restore the skin's moisture level. Soap, alcohol and paraben free, skin is left feeling supple and nourished. This product is for use in the shower as a body cleanser, and you can also add some to the bath.

La Roche-Posay is another brand I've had good luck with in the past, so I'm looking forward to using this. I've only tried one shower oil before and I didn't love it because it didn't clean that well, so here's to hoping this one does. In any event, it should be a great product to help manage dry winter skin.
  

Nominoë Radiant Hydration Night Mask (RRP $45 AUD; received full size)

Unlike normal masks, this is a ‘mask-balm’. Rich in sea holly (a powerful rejuvenating ingredient), this works to heal dull, stressed and dehydrated skin - for a dramatically renewed and radiant complexion.

You can use this in two ways: either leave a thin layer on overnight if your skin is very dry; or apply it and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes before adding water to emulsify the product and then massaging it in until it's absorbed.

I do have dry skin so I'll give it a try both ways and let you know how I go. This is the most exciting item in the box for me. Yes it's true that I'm swimming in face masks these days, but I don't have an overnight one so this fills a gap.


Bioderma Sensibio H2O (Micellar Water) (RRP $42.99 AUD for 500ml full-size; received 100ml sample valued at $20.99 AUD)

This  one doesn't need much introduction: I suspect most people have heard of it, if not used it themselves. It's described as a cult favourite makeup remover that's formulated to be perfectly compatible with the skin, even the most sensitive types. Makeup (including waterproof) is cleansed thoroughly without irritation, leaving skin fresh and moisturised.

I thought I'd reviewed this product before but looks like I haven't so I'll do a separate post on this one. You may have heard me say before that I'm one of the few people on the planet who doesn't love this product - for some reason it doesn't work well for me at all, even though it's often called the original and best when it comes to micellars. Who knows, maybe it'll suddenly start working for me this time around. At least I'll be able to compare it to the Garnier one I've currently got open (which I prefer), so that will help my review.


Laboratoires Surface-Paris Bright Now Gentle Exfoliating Clarifying Soap (RRP $21.95 AUD; received full size)

Used on the face and body, this gentle exfoliating bar is part of the Bright Now collection to help diminish dark spots for a flawless, luminous complexion. Enriched with apricot kernels (known for their exfoliating properties), skin is gently cleansed, exfoliated and moisturised.

I quite like body exfoliants that come in soap form because I don't need to dip my wet hands into a tub in the shower or faff around with a screw-top lid, but I do prefer my facial exfoliants to be in tubes so we'll see whether I end up using this on the face or body. I'll try both for the purposes of reviewing it and let you know how I go.

In sum

This is a fantastic box and I'm thrilled with it. There's not a product in here that I won't use and the only one I can take or leave is the Bioderma micellar water, although I'm aware that puts me in the minority because most people love it. The item I'm most excited about is the overnight mask.

Overall it's a good-value box with the total value of the contents clocking it at just over $140 AUD without the Maven Gift, or around $160 AUD with it. If you times that by six to get the value of a year-long subscription, it's not a far cry from $1,000 AUD - with a yearly subscription costing around $320 AUD. So even if you only use and enjoy half of the products you receive in a subscription year, you're still ahead.

Did you receive this box? Let me know what you think of it if so.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.