September 2017 favourites

/
0 Comments
We're nearing the end of the month now, which means it's time to turn my mind to the usual monthly wrap-ups like panning updates and favourites posts.

Since both kids are in childcare this morning, it felt like a good time to have a look at what I've been using this month and which products have stood out more than all others.

So without further ado...


Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

Full review here. This stuff is gorgeous. I've been using it as my night cream for a few months now and I look forward to applying it each evening because it smells so nice, feels so wonderfully hydrating and cooling when applied, and also keeps my dry skin feeling comfortable overnight.

It's not super heavy but it is quite thick and rich so it won't be for everyone, but it's the perfect night cream for my skin and I absolutely recommend it for anyone who struggles with dryness or dehydration.

While I wouldn't say that it's done anything amazing for my skin (eg it hasn't targeted age spots or fine lines), it has helped with the overall condition of my skin and it's been a good one to see me through the cooler months. Love.


Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

This is another great skincare product and I have a feeling that it will become a staple for me because it's super effective but it hasn't caused any adverse reactions or irritation. I've reviewed it here.

This works to exfoliate your skin on three levels: it contains AHA, pumpkin enzymes and also little crystals (for a manual exfoliation). I use mine perhaps once a week or even once a fortnight, and it does an amazing job of resurfacing my skin.

After use my face always looks brighter and feels smoother for days afterwards, so it's a good one to use before a big event because it makes my makeup go on more smoothly and look better. It's not for the fainthearted, but it is excellent.


Mecca Cosmetica All Set Makeup Perfecting Mist

Full review here. This spray was part of our birthday gift from Mecca this year, and I did really enjoy it while I had it. It's not one I would buy because it's super expensive for the amount of product you get, but it's definitely a product I recommend.

I love how refreshing and cooling it feels on the skin. It's very soothing so it's a good one for dry, uncomfortable skin and it would be a great pick for the warmer months. 

It does a good job of removing any powdery look from the skin, and it also works wonders in terms of stopping makeup transfer. When I was using this I had a cold, and a quick spritz of this product stopped my tinted moisturiser from coming off on the tissue whenever I blew my nose. Incredible.


Simple Radiance Brightening Facial Wash

This product surprised me. It was given to me by my sister-in-law, and I didn't have any expectations for it because I haven't used much from Simple - nor have I heard anyone rave about it - so I figured it would be ok but nothing to write home about. I've reviewed it here.

Turns out I love it, and I've almost finished it now so I'm a bit nervous because I can't find it in any of the big supermarkets or pharmacies. Foo!

It's a gentle cleanser that smells divine and it sits somewhere between a gel and a cream. I would buy it for the scent alone: it's fresh, creamy and sweet. I've become rather addicted to it.

I use it in the evenings as my in-shower cleanser, and it leaves my skin cleaner and brighter without being irritating, plus it's lasted me ages so it's good value. Must find another one!


The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Solution 2%

Full review here. This is a great little product that does exactly what it says it will do: target breakouts. I bought it as a spot treatment because, even though my skin is dry, I do get the occasional blemish and I also always have little bumps of the black and white variety along my chin that never seem to go away.

I've used this over large, angry spots and it's dried them out and made them vanish within a few days, and I've also tried it all over the face for general clarity. Of course, what happened when I used it everywhere was that it brought all the underlying gunk up to the surface so I broke out, but after that the spots stopped appearing.

I find that it works best for angry blemishes and whiteheads, but it hasn't done much for my blackheads. These days I run this along my chin every morning and evening, and it's helped keep that area clearer than it usually is. Plus it only cost me $8.80 AUD. Can't beat that!

In sum

I hope you enjoyed this little post and found some ideas for products to try.

It's been a pretty good couple of months for skincare, I must say: it look me a while to reduce this list down to only five products, which means I've had plenty to choose from.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.