Panning goals for 2020

/
0 Comments

I realised this morning that I need to write my panning goals for next year, and it seemed like a good day to set those down because I don't feel like writing a review post today.

What I generally do with these posts is set out what I would like to achieve with my panning projects for 2020, since I'm currently thinking about those and sorting through which items I'll be working on and which ones I'll be leaving aside until 2021.

Let's have a look.


Bronzers

I have five stand-alone bronzers these days and that's a good amount for me because one of them is more of a contour powder (it's neutral), so they all get used and I don't feel the need to finish any of them for now.

However I do have three bronzers in my custom palettes and two of them aren't my favourites so I want to get through at least one and possibly two by the end of next year. I'm not sure it's achievable to pan both (one may be all I can manage), but I'll try and I'm looking forward to choosing which one to pan first. It's between my bronzer from Bobbi Brown and one that I've mixed myself. 

If I can pan those two, then I've got my collection down to roughly where I want it.


Blushes

Blushes are the hardest things to pan but I do need to get through some so I'll be aiming to finish one next year.

I did try to finish one this year but didn't get close (it's from Hourglass and it's lasting forever), so I've decided to stop working on that and instead I've chosen a Becca blush that's only a half-pan so I should be able to do it.

Currently my stand-alone blush count is six and I'm happy with that number for the moment (blush is my favourite makeup item so I like to have a few to reach for), but as with my bronzers, it's the ones in my custom palettes that I would like to start finishing.

Fingers crossed I can pan one in 2020.


Powder highlighters

I have four stand-alone powder highlighters these days (plus the six in my custom palettes), so I won't be aiming to reduce the singles next year - four is a good amount for me and I don't need more than that for the moment, especially because I have so many in my custom palettes.

As for the ones in my custom palettes, I know I want to get through the mini I own because I rarely use that, but I'm not sure which of the others I don't need so I'll have a play with them and work out which items I can do without.

I guess my goal next year will be to pan one or two from my custom palettes, which will mean that I may be able to transfer more items into those - I reach for my custom palettes a lot and everything in them gets plenty of use.


Eyeshadows

This year I managed to pan my Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Palette, and next year I'll be looking at panning my Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette. Reason being, I like it in theory but in practice it's too warm for me so I always need to mix it with other shades and that means I don't reach for it often enough.

Indeed, I've already prepared this palette for panning by removing the two shades I want to keep (Bananas and Jelly) and filling the empty spaces with some cooler-toned shadows that make the palette more wearable. I've already tried my new palette and it works so well that I'm excited about panning it next year, which I wasn't before.

As for my other eyeshadows, I'll keep working on the shades in my custom palettes because I don't need all of them (I have a few dupes that can go), and some of them I don't use enough so I don't need to keep them in my collection. I'm really keen to keep reducing my eyeshadow count next year, so that will be the focus of my panning efforts for 2020.


In sum

I'm pleased to have my panning goals set down for 2020 and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into things.

One positive to note is that I've reduced my collection enough over the last few years that I don't feel as overwhelmed as I did before, so a lot of my panning efforts will be more about changing the shades in my custom palettes by finishing what I don't need and replacing those shades with things in my collection that I can easily de-pot and move. Looking forward!

That's all from me. Let me know in the comments what your panning goals are for next year: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.