Project Dent 2019: Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Frivoluxe

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent for the year.

Over the next few months I'm going to be working on my eyeshadow palettes via this project, purely because most of them were neglected while my Pan that Palette challenge was on foot - so I want to make sure that all of them see at least one round of Project Dent this year.

Next up is my Marc Jacobs septet in Frivoluxe, which is my least-favourite of the five I own because the formula isn't as good as the others overall, although I still enjoy using it.


If you're interested, my review of this palette is here.

Essentially the quality isn't quite as good as the other Marc Jacobs palettes I own (not unusual for purples), and it's so cool-toned that I don't use it alone and need to reach for at least one warm shade (often two) so my eye looks don't clang with my colouring. 

Also, it's not as everyday appropriate as the other Marc Jacobs septets I own so it doesn't slot into my routine as easily as the others do. And while I don't dislike it, I can definitely see myself wanting to pan it down the track because I don't need it in my collection.


Here's the left side of the palette, today 6 September 2019:


Below I've enhanced the above shot for clarity:


Right side of the palette (noting that the first shade is repeated):


Enhanced for clarity:


As always I'll use this for two weeks, with my aim being to get some visible progress happening on most of the shades by the end of the denting period.

Note, though, that I usually don't use more than three shadows per look with this (unlike the other septets I own, where I use most of the palette in one look), purely because it's so cool-toned that I need to bring in warmer shadows - which will of course mean that progress will be slower.

That's all from me. I'm looking forward to denting this palette again and working out how long it will take me to finish it, especially given that it's a candidate for Pan that Palette 2020.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.