Pan that Palette 2019: June update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Pan that Palette update for the year!

I'm excited about this update because I've not only continued to make good progress on my Too Faced palette this month, but I've also managed to make better progress on my custom palette, now that I've panned more from the Too Faced and need to reach for the former more often.

Let's have a look!


Before we look at progress shots, please note that I've started to only include the enhanced shots each month, which will cut down on the amount of photos in this post and make things look cleaner.

So don't rely on the photos in this post for colour: you can look at the individual review posts and see my swatches in those if you're interested.

Here's how my Too Faced palette looked last month:


And here's how it's looking today:


As you can see, I've cleared out Honey Butter - which isn't surprising because there was very little left last month. I've also now hit side-pan at the top in both Chocolate Cookie and Sexpresso, and I'm a hair's breadth from achieving the same in Nudie.

Strapless and Risqué are also showing a little more progress, although I suspect those two will be the last shades standing at the end of this challenge.

As for goals next month, I want to clear out Sexpresso and make a good amount of progress in both Nudie and Chocolate Cookie so I can clear those out in July/August.

Oh! A curve-ball: I've decided that I'm going to bring in Extra Creamy from my Too Faced P & J palette for three reasons:

First, I don't have a base shade in this palette anymore and I'd like one; second, I want to pan the P&J palette next year, so why not start doing that now by filling a gap in this palette with a shadow from that one. Third, Extra Creamy is too white so I'm going to tone it down with various shades in the two palettes I'm currently panning so it's a little softer (and of course, I'll be making progress on those shades when I do this).

Now for my custom palette, as it was last month:


And today:


So you can see there's been a bit of movement here, but as always let's work in sections so we can go through the whole palette more easily.

My Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadows, as they were last month:


And today:


Large pans first: you should be able to see a slightly wider spot of pan in the top shade this month because I've been using that shadow daily now that similar crease/transition shades are gone from my Too Faced palette (Lace Teddy, Cashmere Bunny and Honey Butter). I'll leave the large plum pan for now because I made very little progress on it this month.

The pink lost a chunk this month when I accidentally used my brush too hard (rushing!), but I was quickly able to recover it and used that chunk during the month; and finally you can see that dip I've been mentioning in previous updates but you couldn't see it until now. Yay!

The gold: I love that shade as a lid colour, but then, I have another gold that looks very similar so what I might do after this update is mix it with one of the items in my Project Pan challenge, being my Hourglass Euphoric Strobe highlighter, and put the mix into one of the round pans below. I'm looking forward to doing that already.

The grey is definitely looking more used, and I do use that a lot through the crease, and also to dull down any eye-look that's becoming too warm.

As for the other shades, I'll comment more on those when I've used them more, but I have used them all at least a few times each this month and I'll look forward to seeing more progress later on.

Next up, my Kevyn Aucoin bronzer, as it was last month:


Today:


So there's been a reasonable amount of change where this bronzer is concerned and I've even hit the tiniest bit of pan (just below the middle of the re-pressing line).

Unfortunately a good few chunks have come out of this bronzer over the past month (the perils of an incomplete re-pressing job), but I've been able to rescue those, crush them and use them as loose powder until I've finished them.

I'm still not sure whether I can pan this by the end of the year. Fingers crossed.

Next, my Becca mattes, as they were last month:


Today:


Ok, story. The bronze I mixed myself was looking good to be finished next month because I used it a lot this past month and I only had a thin outer rim to go - and then my daughter asked for a swatch (she likes swatching the shades occasionally), and she got a bit, ah, forceful about it so the rest of the product slid onto the desk. Oops!

Rather than worry about re-pressing it, I put the remains into an empty, clean corrector compact (which I'd saved for eyeshadow painting anyway), crushed them, added some water and she enjoyed mixing the powder and water herself before having lots of fun making different paintings with the rest of that product.

As for the other three shades, I've made more progress on the top-left neutral brown than I thought I had, although I suppose I've been using it quite a lot this month, given the aforementioned shades I've already panned from my Too Faced palette, so I guess it's not all that surprising.

The deep brown isn't showing too much progress, although I did give it a good few goes mixed with Nudie from the Too Faced palette, to confirm that it would work well mixed with that shade to get my perfect brow colour, once Sexpresso is gone.

The warm brown: I'll reserve commenting on that until I've used it more.

Last up, my Bleach London shadows and Nars Sin (the plum pan), as they were last month:


Today: 


Nars Sin now has a significant hole in the middle, and there are a few reasons for that. First, it wasn't the most pigmented blush to start with; and second, it's even less pigmented four years later. Third, I used this quite a lot this month as a lid shade (a good one to mix with the Hourglass Exposure palette I'm currently denting).

Fourth, both kids saw the little speck of pan in this shade and said: 'It's broken Mummy, so we can use it now.' Ha. 

Rather than explain that one, what I did was get out two old and empty Nars duo eyeshadow compacts and I gave them a little of this and also a bright orange colour that I want to pan later on.

The Bleach London shades aren't showing a huge amount of progress for the moment, so I'll comment on those later.

Now, to mix that KA gold with my Hourglass highlighter and perhaps even a little of the purple matte KA shade above. I do have two empty pans now after all! I'll show you how my new palette looks as soon as I can, as well as the changes to the Too Faced palette mentioned above.

In sum

That's all from me. It's been a pretty good month and I'm looking forward to making those small changes to my palettes as soon as I can.

Hope you're going well with your own panning projects. I'd love to hear in the comments if so, and do include any links so I can follow your progress.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.