Pan that Palette 2019: recharge update #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my second palette recharge update for the year.

Do note that I haven't done a full recharge, I've just taken the opportunity to mix some shades and fill a few gaps in my palettes so I have a more complete collection of shadows to work with.

Let's get straight into it.

Here's how my Too Faced palette looked two days ago, when I wrote my June update:


Today:


All I've done here is give myself a cream shadow to work with as a base colour.

In that pan I've included the white from my Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly palette and also the cream from my Hourglass Obscura palette, and I mixed in a little bit of Nudie so it wasn't quite so pale (the Too Faced white was a really stark white).

I've done this because I want to pan both the P&J and Obscura palettes next year (so why not make a start on them now), and also because I couldn't use the two shades separately: the Too Faced white was too white and the Obscura cream had a sheen to it so it didn't make a good base shadow. However when mixed, they're perfect and I'm really happy with my new colour.

As for my custom palette, here's how it looked two days ago:


Today:


What I did here was mix the remainder of my Hourglass Euphoric Strobe Light highlighter with some of the shades in this palette, so I could pan the highlighter (I was bored of it but I knew it would make a good mixer) and also so I could give myself some new shimmery lid shades to play with - without sacrificing progress on these shadows because I used them to mix the shades.

Let's have a look at what I've done.

My Kevyn Aucoin shadows, two days ago:


And today:


So the Kevyn Aucoin gold shadow is gone, because it's now formed the basis of the paler shimmer shadow you'll see in a moment. I was tired of that gold and I wanted a slightly paler and more subdued shadow that would make a good highlight colour, so I mixed it with Euphoric Strobe Light and I'm really pleased with the result.

The matte purple (top right) now has a good chunk gone from it (although admittedly you can't see that here) because I mixed it with Euphoric Strobe Light to make the second pan (below). 

I also mixed some of the matte pink into both colours, which is why I've now hit pan in that shadow.

My Becca shadows, as they were two days ago:


And now:


That new taupe shimmer you can see is a mix of Euphoric Strobe Light and the matte Kevyn Aucoin purple, with a little matte pink and brown thrown in so it's not too purple. I love the result: it's a subtle and interesting purple-based taupe that I can see myself wearing a lot.

Last up, the remainder of my round pans, as they were two days ago:


Today:


So the new gold is a mix of Euphoric Strobe Light and the Kevyn Aucoin gold, with a little of the pink matte thrown in for good measure. I really enjoy it and I'm super happy with it, and I can see myself using it a lot.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm happy with my new shades and I can't wait to use them some more.

Note that I did consider replacing the empty Kevyn Aucoin pan with another one of my Kevyn Aucoin shimmers, but I decided not to because I want to focus on these shadows before I start introducing more.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.