May 2015 empties #2: finished beauty products this month

/
0 Comments

I'm posting my next lot of empties a little early because we're off to Queensland tomorrow and I wanted to get these into the rubbish bin before we leave.

There's a very sad inclusion this month: my back up HG face mask, the Cellilux product. Awful is the day I finish this one - it's just so good. I'll have to see if I can find another one on sale because it ain't cheap!


Garnier Intensive 7 Days Soothing Hydrating Lotion with Sweet Almond Oil

Full review here. My husband bought this one and I'm glad to see the back of it because it wasn't hydrating enough for me and I definitely don't think it lives up to the 7 day hydration claim. I reckon if you prefer lighter lotions you might really love this, but it wasn't heavy enough for me. Purchase? No.

Swisspers Organics Makeup Pads

I bought these on special and I wasn't expecting them to be as good as the non-organic version for some reason, but they were and I liked them. They do the job well and don't leave fluff on your face (I really hate that). Repurchase? Yes.


Schwarzkopf Crystal Shine Conditioner for Dull, Normal Hair

Full review here. I got this in a Priceline baggie and it was actually better than expected. My hair is dry and I need more hydration than this delivers, but it definitely makes my hair shinier. If you have normal hair, you might really like this. Purchase? Maybe in the version for dry hair.

L'Occitance Verbena Extra Gentle Soap

As you may know, I'm not a soap person and I always give the soaps I receive in subscription boxes to my husband - but if they smell really nice and look fancy (as this one does), then I give them a few trial runs anyway. I liked this and it does smell divine and clean well, but it's not enough to turn me into a soap person. Purchase? Not for myself.



Cellilux Glacial Mineral Gel

Full review here. This is hands down the best face mask I've ever tried and I'm ridiculously sad that I've finished it. And since I'm on a low buy, I probably won't be getting another one any time soon because I have some lesser masks to finish before I can get another one of these. While this is expensive, it's so worth it. If you can find a sample, I urge you to try it. Repurchase? A thousand times.

Secret Key Color Recipe The Pink Cream

Full review here. This was a Memebox inclusion and I wasn't expecting to like it - I think I was turned off by the tacky-looking packaging and the cheap feel of the tub - however it ended up being not bad at all. It's a light gel that I used throughout the day over makeup because it kept my skin looking plump, although it wasn't hydrating enough to use as part of my normal skincare routine. Purchase? No.


Natio Spa Recovery Hand Scrub

Full review here. This is one of those products that was sitting in the shower for ages and I wasn't using it: a hand scrub is an extra step in my routine that I just don't have time for. But over the past month I made myself get through it, which reminded me how much I like it. Having said that, I probably won't be buying a hand scrub again because I'd rather just have one product (a body scrub) for everything except my face. It's a lovely product though and I'd recommend it if you think you'll use it. Purchase? No.

Evas Rose Mine Perfumed Hand Cream in 'Maybe'

Full review here. This was a Memebox inclusion and it was a really nice hand cream - rich, nourishing and great for dry hands - I'm just glad to see the back of it because I have so many other hand creams to get through and I was ready to open another one. Plus the smell of this was a bit sweet for me, particularly towards the end of the tube (I think I got bored of it). Purchase? No.

Asap Daily Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Full review here. I got this as a gift with purchase ages ago and I'm glad I've finished it because I didn't like it that much. It's ok but I didn't like the round beads (I prefer a harsher scrub) and it also irritated and dried out my skin a bit - I think because it contains AHAs. Also, it didn't feel special to use and I have other scrubs that I enjoy using much more than I do this one. Purchase? No.



Mac Fix+

Full review here. Oh it's a sad day when I finish this one too! This is one of the best face sprays on the market: it takes five years off my face each time I put it on. For this reason I carry it around in my handbag (which is why I tend to buy the travel size, rather than the full one) and spray it whenever my fine lines start to appear as my skin dries throughout the day. This all but removes them. I love it! Repurchase? Absolutely.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! in Honey

Full review here. This took me ages to get through because it ended up having too much coverage for me (plus this shade was too light, even in winter), so I've been mixing it with Stila's Bronzing Beauty Balm to darken it, as well as a moisturiser to thin down the coverage. I can see why many people love this foundation but it feels too much like paint on my skin, maybe because I'm used to tinted moisturisers and BB/CC creams (which generally have a lighter, more natural coverage). Repurchase? No.

In sum

The saddest thing about this empties post is the finished tub of my Cellilux HG face mask, and I'm also sad to see the back of my Mac Fix+ (although the latter is cheaper and easier to replace because in Australia you can't get the mask anywhere else but online). Otherwise there's nothing in here I would buy.

I'll probably have another empties post to write within a fortnight, since there'll be some things I'll get through while we're away: I deliberately packed things that I could finish so our packs would be lighter on the way back.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.