Sachet city: samples used in May 2015 #2

/
0 Comments

I did a sachet city post not long ago, but I have so many samples and sachets building up that I thought I'd better do another one.

I'm searching for a good eye cream at the moment, which is why there are five sample eye creams in this bundle.


Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream

I absolutely loved this and it's on my wishlist for my birthday, because I'm in need of a new eye cream: three months after giving birth, your hormones go haywire and you start losing hair and getting dry skin, so I need something potent to hydrate my eye area. It's so rich and velvety and it absorbs nicely, plumping the area and giving some relief to dry skin. I want it!

Sunday Riley Start Over Active Eye Cream

I was expecting to love this because it was recommended by one of Mecca's staff and I really liked the Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment that I've tried before. Plus it costs $100 so I tend to expect more from products with a big price tag. Unfortunately I didn't think much of it at all. It's quite a light cream and a little goes a long way. It absorbed well and my eyes did look a bit refreshed after use, but it's not heavy enough for me and I need something with a lot more nourishment. Still, I'm glad I've tried it.


Dr Brandt Needles No More

This is meant to smooth your expression lines and I think it does do that - for a second. Then what happens is it feels tight and stinging on my skin and I have to put another moisturiser on or wash it off. I really didn't like this unfortunately. And if you look at the reviews on eg makeupalley, most people don't.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter

This is apparently Britain's favourite body butter but I really can't understand why. It's too thick and doesn't absorb well, plus I wasn't a fan of the smell. It's meant to be an award winning body moisturising butter with softening shea butter and aloe vera, but I didn't feel that it did much for my skin, plus you have to use heaps of it each application because it's so thick, so I don't think it's good value for money.


Chantecaille Stress Repair Concentrate

This is an all-in-one eye cream that works to reduce the appearance of dark, puffy eyes and decrease the appearance of wrinkles. It was super rich and felt lovely on, but I'm not sure how well it absorbed - at least on me. It seemed to sit on the surface, rather than sinking in. I much preferred the Perricone version and didn't think this one stood out at all.

Dr Brandt DNA Triple Peptide Eye Cream

Apparently this contains Dr Brandt’s exclusive triple peptide complex, and is an ultra-rich formula that glides on to rejuvenate, illuminate and reverse signs of time. I liked this better than the Chantecaille version above. It's super rich and glides on beautifully, and it absorbs better than the Chantecaille one. It definitely plumps my eye area but I like the Perricone cream better. If I hadn't have tried the Perricone one first, I might have liked this even more.


L'Oreal Revitalift Laser x3

When I first put this on my face, I thought it was amazing - really rich and moisturising - and it plumped my skin nicely. But within less than a minute, the effect went away and my skin felt super dry, meaning I had to add another moisturiser to combat the effect of this one. I think if you had normal skin you might like this, but mine is dry and I need more nourishment.

Nuxe Lifting Eye Cream

This is a very thin, light cream that has a brightening effect but unlike some of the other creams in this bunch it doesn't plump my eye area or do anything to target fine lines. I think this would be a better cream if you were in your 20s, but I need something heavier - particularly at the moment because my skin is so dry. It does feel lovely on though so don't discount it if you're younger than me and have normal or oily skin.

Josie Maran

Self-adjusting products are all the rage these days, but in my experience, few adjust exactly to your skintone and you're often left looking the wrong colour - as I was with this product. Granted, it's the light/medium shade and my skin is darker, but I question its self-adjusting abilities anyway. Also, the sample is super tiny (0.5ml) so it was only enough for one application and you generally can't get a good idea of a product if you only get to try it once. For all I know, it could have fared better with a different primer. Guess I'll never know because I don't plan to try it again!


Asap Anti-ageing Night Cream

This is a nice, rich cream but it's not quite potent enough for me. I'm using another Asap product at the moment - the Ultimate Hydration cream (reviewed here) - and I love that so much that I was expecting to be bowled over by this one. But alas, I wasn't.

Ren Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot

This is meant to be a radiance-enhancing, skin-firming serum that helps restore elasticity and suppleness to skin. I'll be able to do a full review of it later on because after using up this sample, I came by another one from someone who didn't want it (huzzah!) so I'll have enough product to write a more detailed post.

It's one of those products that took me a couple of goes to get right: I discovered it works better if you add more of it than you might a normal serum. If you don't add enough, it just feels a bit sticky - but if I layer it on I definitely notice some firming and radiance-enhancing action. I'm looking forward to exploring it a little more and writing the full review, but for now I can say that I think this product is worth testing because it does what it says it will in terms of brightening up your skin.


In sum

Obviously, my favourite item in this lot is the Perricone MD eye cream and I really want it! It's the only item in this bunch that I would consider buying, which is good in a way because a lot of the products are rather expensive ; )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.