Aromabliss Hand & Body Lotion in Cranberry, Fig & Vanilla - review

/
0 Comments

I've run out of photos since the weather hasn't been great and I don't have good photography equipment so I need sun, which means I'm running out of products to review!

If I had half a brain at the moment, I would be posting on other things - especially because this blog was never meant to be a beauty-only blog - but with a baby who's at the tail end of a sleep regression (we hope!), it's been hard to write and I've mainly stuck to beauty reviews because I know what I'm doing with those and don't have to think too hard, since all I need to do is some testing and research, and then give an opinion.

When my brain starts coming back (if it ever does), I hope to not only write more varied posts, but also to get my head around Twitter and Pintrest etc - but for now I'll keep plugging away at product reviews since doing any kind of writing each day helps keep me sane.


Anyhoo. That's a round-a-bout way of saying that I wasn't sure whether I was going to review this product since I can't find any information about it online. I have found a website of a brand called Aromabliss that makes body oils etc, but I'm not sure it's the same company because the packaging is different and this product (or anything like it) is nowhere to be seen.

What this means is that I can't do my usual spiel on the product claims/details: all I can do is let you know what I think of it. Maybe in future the company will appear online, so this review will be useful for anyone thinking of making a purchase from the brand's range.


Verdict

Unfortunately I don't love this product, but it will certainly get used because I go through body creams unbelievably quickly (I'm pretty sure my husband helps himself to them, to be honest), so a cream like this will never go astray.

I got it as part of a gift pack while I was in hospital giving birth to our daughter, and it was certainly well-received at the time because I'd managed to forget handcream in my hospital bag and my husband and I both use it.

It was extra well-received due to the pump top, which means you can dispense product without unscrewing the cap. Excellent for when you have babies because you often only have one available hand (or elbow or foot) to use to dispense product.

It's a bone-coloured cream that smells quite sweet - I smell the vanilla but neither the fig nor the cranberry. It's reasonably thick and it applies and absorbs well, and it's lasted longer than a lot of creams because a little goes a long way and I don't need too much on each application.

What I don't like about it is that it leaves a bit of a residue behind and it's not the most hydrating cream I own. I have dry skin so I prefer heavier creams, but my husband is the opposite and he quite likes this one because it's not too full on. So as usual it all comes down to personal preference.

In sum, I wouldn't buy this but I was certainly happy to receive it, and it will get used. Watch this space in terms of Aromabliss as a company: if I see the brand pop up online, I'll update this review and flesh it out a little with more details on the product and brand.

Ok.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.