August 2015 empties #1

/
0 Comments

I've known for a while that I would start getting through most of my perfumes within a few months of each other - and alas, that has been happening over the past couple of months. Soon I'll be down to a small few and I've no idea how I'll cope with that (!).

I like to mix up my scents and I only have three left. Sad face! Looks like I won't only be asking for Mecca gift cards at Christmas: I'll need to ask for a perfume or two as well. Particularly because I've nothing in the dwindling stores that's a good summer fragrance.

Anyhoo! Let's have a look at what I've finished so far this month (spoiler: some products I'm very sad to see gone).


L'Eau de Chloe EDT

I bought this 20ml sized bottle because I've always liked it, but not enough to buy the full size. It's a very light, summery fragrance and it's been sitting in my handbag for sprays-on-the-run for about six months now.

I do like it but it's probably not one I'll be buying again. It's fresh and inoffensive, but not memorable and not one that's in my top five fragrances. It also doesn't last long on the skin so it needs to be reapplied throughout the day. Repurchase? No.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse

Oh how I love this oil. Full review here. The smell is just gorgeous and this bottle has lasted me for ages because a little goes a long way. It's a multi-purpose product that you can use on your face, body and hair. I prefer it on my body but I have used it on my face and hair too, and it works well for all things. It's a dry oil so it's never greasy, and it feels special and luxurious to use. Repurchase? Absolutely.


Dove Invisible Dry Deodorant 

I've mentioned before in these posts that I don't bother including basics like deodorant unless they're really good or really bad. This one's good. It lasts all day and doesn't leave white marks on your clothes. 'Nuff said. Repurchase? Yes.

Urban Skincare Co Repair+ Body Balm

I thought I'd done a full review of this product, but looks like I haven't so I'll have to do that soon! This product was part of an upgrade pack I received from Urban Skincare when I used a Lust Have It code to buy a travel pack after falling in love with this cream, which we received in a Lust Have It box. It's an amazingly hydrating body cream that doesn't feel too heavy or leave a greasy residue, plus a little goes a long way - a good thing because I go through body creams so quickly. Love. Repurchase? Yes.

Migabee Peppermint Witchhazel Mist

This was a Memebox inclusion and it's one of the few products I received from Memebox that I quite liked. Full review here. It's certainly not the best face mist I've used but it was a great one to leave in my handbag for a quick spritz on the go. The spray pump itself was annoying because it was too forceful and it was hard to get a light, even application with it (it applied like it was trying to hit a bullseye with all its might), but even so I got a lot of use from it and it lasted for ages. Purchase? No.


Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Bree Pink Blush

If you read this blog, you'll know that SS lipsticks are my HG lippies and I can't rave about them enough. I hated the colour of this one on me however, and I was mixing it with Miss Ally Amethyst so I could get rid of them both (Miss Ally didn't suit me either). Full review here. Happily they looked pretty good when mixed together - they turned into a nice magenta-ish shade when combined.

My aim this year was to get through three SS lipsticks that I didn't like the colour of (I made the mistake of over-ordering because you could get four for the price of three - a mistake I won't make again unless I can test the colours first), and I've now achieved that aim. Huzzah! Repurchase? Yes, just not in this colour.

Villainess Dulces en Fuego Smooch! Body Scrub

Oh it's a sad day when I finish this product! Full review here. It's my HG body scrub and I've been rationing it - despite the fact that you're meant to use it within one month - and I'm not happy to see the back of it at all. The smell is unbelievably delicious and the scrub itself is divine. Every time I opened the tub I got a lift and it left my skin glowing and fresh. Repurchase? Without question.


Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aide with Lemon Oil

I've wound up with three of these so I'm happy to say one is gone! Full review here. It's a nice lip balm and great for winter. I apply it at night to keep my lips hydrated and I've been using it on my dry feet and cuticles too. It's not one I would buy (I've received these as GWPs and through sub boxes), but I'm glad I've tried it, and the back-ups will certainly get used. Purchase? No.

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland

I've been through quite a few samples of this one and I really do love it. Full review here. As mentioned in that review, however, I'm between two colours and there's quite a difference between them, so I'm not sure I can justify buying two and mixing them - I've done that before and what happens is that I get thoroughly bored of the products by the time I'm about halfway through each tube. I could warm this one up with my Stila Bronzing BB, however, so I'm more likely to buy this colour and then work with it in the cooler months when I'm less tanned. It's on the list of potentials because it's a sensational tinted moisturiser and probably the best product I've tried from Nars. Purchase? Maybe.

Asap CC Cream SPF 15

I really don't like this one. Full review here. It stings my eye area if I put it on my face so I've been using it on my neck and chest just to get rid of it. I can do that because it's so sheer that it offers no coverage, even if you layer it. It's also super greasy so you need a powder, and the powder clings to the grease, so it's easy to wind up looking chalked. This tube is the second one of these little samples that I've been through so I can definitely say it's not for me. Purchase? No.

In sum

Man am I sad to have finished the Nuxe oil and the Villainess body scrub! Those are the best of the bunch, and I do love the Urban Skincare body cream as well. The Nars tint also gets an honourable mention (it'd be higher on the list if I had a decent shade-match) and it's my last little sample tube - foo!

I'm not sure what else I'll be finishing by the end of August. We'll see!




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.