Sachet city: samples used in August 2015 #2

/
0 Comments

As mentioned in my last samples post, I've had a lot of these little pots piling up due to frequent visits to Mecca and Mecca Maxima.

Both stores are near the supermarkets I go to regularly, so it's hard not to tack a Mecca trip onto the groceries shopping, and I've found myself with lots of products to trial in my search for my next round of skincare.


Suki Even-tone Brightening Serum and Eye Lift Renewal Cream - Day

I've reviewed these before but I received some more samples of them so I thought I would test them again because they were both on my list of potential purchases.

The eye cream I really like but alas I've just seen that it's sold out in the Violet Box shop, so looks like I won't be buying it : (. It's lovely and hydrating and absorbs really well, plus I think it has a brightening effect. It's now on my wishlist to buy in future, should Suki ever be more easy to come by in Australia.

The brightening serum I really like too and, again, I'll look out for it to see if it's ever easier to come by more cheaply in Australia. It has a brightening effect and my skin really loves it - few serums stand out for me but this one does. Almost all the Suki products I've tried I love, so hopefully I can get my hands on some more of the brand's products in future.


Origins Ginzing Moisturiser

This is apparently an energy-boosting moisturiser that rapidly refreshes and brightens dull, dry skin. The complexion is left looking plump, soft and and luminous.

Happily it only costs $35, which is very reasonable for a face cream, and this is actually a good one. It smells strongly of oranges so it's super refreshing and it's quite a heavy cream (although not in a bad way) and my dry skin really loves it. It's thick and hydrates super well, and I may well pick this up in future because you'd struggle to find a great moisturiser for that price I reckon.

Origins Ginzing Eye Cream

This refreshing eye cream apparently acts like a double shot espresso for the eyes. Look alive with this fast-absorbing cream, which brightens and de-puffs to downplay the appearance of dark circles and bags.

At $39, this eye cream is also very reasonable and it's gone straight to the wish list. It's nicely hydrating and feels like it nourishes the skin too. It also has a brightening effect and absorbs well, and it's one of the better eye products I've tried recently. Since we're low on cash and most eye creams cost a lot more than this one does, I suspect it will be my next purchase : )


Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask

This is a 10 minute mask that aims to rescue and restore by absorbing oiliness, calming breakouts and demolishing dead skin cells and debris. To be honest, I didn't notice anything happening along those lines - although I'm wondering whether I got the wrong sample because this smells and feels exactly the same as the fabled Origins intensive overnight mask.

In any event, I did quite like this and it left my skin looking nicely hydrated. I'll have to get another sample of this to check it was the right product!

Origins Dr Weil Dark Spot Correcting Night Mask

This is a night mask to brighten and rejuvenate the look of skin. It's infused with a blend of skin loving ingredients to ensure you always put your best face forward.

I loved this, and I'm sad I loved it light-years more than the standard Origins overnight mask because that costs $34 and this costs $72. ARGH! I'm not sure if it corrects dark spots (you'd probably need to use it over time to see anything like that happening), but it's so hydrating and perfect for winter. Want it. Can't afford it. Foo!


Mario Badescu Honey Moisturiser, Seaweed Night Cream and Hydrating Serum

I wanted to trial a few products from this brand because it's inexpensive and therefore in my price bracket. Unfortunately none of these stood out for me, although the serum was the best of the bunch.

The honey moisturiser was quite nice, it's just not heavy enough for me and it's more of a lotion. I think you'd like this if you have oily skin because it's quite light while still being hydrating. It's a product that would work better for me in summer, but it's a pass for me.

The seaweed night cream I was expecting to love because it's been raved about so much on Mecca's website, but it just wasn't for me. It felt ok on to start with, but it left this weird film on my face, to the point where my husband noticed when he touched my skin - he thought I'd put a face mask on. Not a fan unfortunately.

The hydrating serum is ok but it's more of a gel than a serum and I'm not sure how much it offered my skin, other than a cooling effect. Again, if you have oily skin (and skin that's younger than mine), you might really love this product, but it's a pass for me.

In sum

What's clear to me after doing all these sachet posts recently, is that both Suki and Origins are brands I need to check out more! All of the products in this post from those brands are ones I would buy, aside from the Origins ten minute mask. Since Origins is the cheaper range in Australia, it looks like I'll be heading to the Origins stand at Christmas! I'm glad I've found products that work for my skin and don't cost an arm and a leg - that's a huge plus.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.