Alpha-H With Love Gift Set - review

/
0 Comments

I received this set as a GWP when I bought a travel pack of Alpha-H products.

If you read this blog, you'll know that I've been on the search for skincare for a while. As soon as I opened this kit, I realised that my search may well be over.

Two out of the three products hit HG status almost from the first use, and while I don't like the mask from this set, online reviews suggest that I'm in the minority there so it may just be that this particular product doesn't work for my skin.


I've done individual reviews of each of the products in this kit (see below), but I wanted to do a quick round-up post as well in case anyone is interested in the kit as a whole.

Little packs like this one are a great way to test a brand's products (particularly when the pack is a freebie!) without committing to buying anything in full size and risking not liking it, and when the purchase works out well - as this one has - that's even better!


This kit contains the Liquid Gold Rejuvenating Cream, the Liquid Gold Anti-ageing Cleanser and the Liquid Gold Smoothing and Perfecting Mask.

Now that I've introduced these three items to my skincare routine and have spent the last month testing them and working out what each individual product is doing, I'm going to slowly introduce the products from the other Alpha-H kit I have on hand and review those too - so stay tuned.

Anyhoo. The products!


Liquid Gold Anti-ageing Cleanser with Glycolic & Lactic Acids

Full review here. It was love at first use with this cleanser and already I can't imagine being without it.

I wasn't expecting to love it because I generally prefer foaming cleansers and this one's a cream, but it does a remarkable job of cleansing the skin and I think it has an exfoliating effect too.

It's a white cream that feels velvety and soothing on the skin. It dissolves makeup and grime unbelievably well, and I don't need to double-cleanse with this product. Plus it leaves your skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple, and I think it has a brightening and resurfacing effect too.

All in all, a remarkable cleanser. Five stars from me. This one's got an HG tag.


Liquid Gold Smoothing and Perfecting Mask with Lavender

This was the one product from this set that I didn't like. Full review here.

This product has won two placements in Harper's Bazaar Beauty Hot 100: in 2012 it was named the 'best radiance mask' and in 2013 was named the 'best skin brightener'. Unfortunately I don't like this mask and it does nothing for me, so I'm in the minority.

It's a white cream that smells like lavender and it applies and spreads well. I notice no tightening sensation as it dries down, but after use there's no difference in my skin aside from it feeling and looking a bit duller and drier.

I've used some great face masks in my time and only a precious few actually do something for my skin. The rest don't have an impact - and this is one of them.

Low marks from me.


Liquid Gold Rejuvenating Cream

Errrmahhhgawd, this product is amazeballs. Full review here.

Since introducing this cream into my skincare ritual, the change in my skin is nothing short of insane. After only a week of use I could feel and see the difference, and after a month of use the benefits are even more marked.

My skin looks and feels healthier, smoother and more plumped, and it's softened my fine lines too. Plus my blemishes have cleared up and it's had an effect on skintone and age spots already - I can't wait to see how much better my skin looks after an extended period of using this!

It's a white cream that feels cooling and velvety when applied, and it's super rich and nourishing without leaving a greasy residue behind. My skin looks fresher and more awake whenever I apply it, and the effects seem to not only last until the next day, but there seems to be a cumulative effect over time.

This cream acts as a light exfoliant, and you can really see the difference in your face from the first use (at least I could). It definitely has a resurfacing effect without being too harsh.

Five stars, and another HG product from Alpha-H. Huzzah!

In sum

I fell in love with Alpha-H's Liquid Gold a couple of years ago and I wish I'd tried more products from the brand sooner - three out of four HG products from one brand is pretty amazing!

I can't wait to use the other products I have from Alpha-H and I'm looking forward to reviewing those in the near future.

Overall, this is a great little kit and one that gives you a nice introduction to the brand.

'With love' indeed ; )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.