July 2016 empties #1

/
0 Comments

It hasn't been a great month of empties for me so far, and I don't expect it to get much better as July progresses. 

Sometimes the stars align and it seems as though half the products you're using finish themselves off within the space of one month (that was June for me), and at other times everything looks like it's in for the long haul - as it does now.

I expect either August or September to be a better month - in particular for Project Pan, which I'm not seeing much movement on right now - but for the moment I'll just need to stick my head down and keep using things without seeing much progress.

Anyhoo. Let's have a look at what I've finished so far this month.


OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo & Conditioner

Full review here. These were the first two OGX products I used and they made me fall for the brand. I couldn't believe my luck when I found them: for the first time in my life, I'd used a shampoo/conditioner combo that took care of all my frizz so I didn't need to use any leave-in products or even straighten my hair. Unbelievable!

Plus they smell divine and don't cost the earth (and they're often on special in the chemist or supermarket), so I can see myself using these forever. I recently bought the black versions just to try something different, but I can see these brown ones being a staple for life. Purchase? Absolutely.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

I received a couple of these in sub boxes and happily I quite like the product so it's something I'll use. I've reviewed it here.

I don't have a lot of love for micellar products (except for an Unani one I've tried), but this one does the job well-enough and it's not overpriced so I'd recommend it if you're after something that will take care of most of your makeup and won't break the bank. It doesn't work on heavy eye makeup (at least for me) but few things do so I can overlook that. Purchase? Maybe.

Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief Toothpaste

I don't normally review toothpastes (boring!) but I wanted to include this one because I was experiencing some tooth sensitivity earlier in the pregnancy and I found that it helped. 

I haven't written a full review because I didn't use the whole tube (I stole the last third from my husband ; )), but I thought it was worth including it here since I know tooth sensitivity is an issue for many so I wanted to say that this helped with the mild sensitivity I was experiencing and it's one to consider if that's a problem for you. Purchase? Maybe.



Rituals Fortune Oil, Sweet Orange & Cedar Wood

I love Rituals as a brand but this is the first product I've used from them that didn't quite hit the mark. Full review here

I love that it's a cleansing body oil (why should our faces have all the fun?!) but I didn't feel it worked that well in terms of cleansing the skin - plus I had to ration it by only using it on my top half because I needed to use a lot each time. It was nice enough but I think Rituals has much better offerings so I'd go for one of their foaming shower gels over this. Purchase? No.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01, Rose Shimmer

Full review here. This was a Project Pan inclusion so I won't go on about it again here, other than to say that these are cult products and while I can see why people like them, the two I've used didn't grab me as much as I thought they would. I'm just as happy with decent, budget glosses you can buy from the chemist. Purchase? No.


Fig & Yarrow Complexion Water in Rose, Sandalwood & Neroli

Full review here. This came with the latest edition of Maslow & Co and I absolutely loved it - unfortunately too much, because I got through the sample too quickly!

It's a beautiful toning spritz that you can use as your toner or as a refresher throughout the day, and I loved misting it over my dry skin because it helped with tightness and discomfort, plus it smelled nice too. It's out of my price range at $62 for the full size, but I'll be looking out for specials because I enjoyed it so much. Purchase? Maybe.

Narciso Rodriguez Narciso EDT 

This came with one of my Ageless Parcels and I was happy enough to see it because it's a decent 4ml sample and a great inclusion for the handbag.

I didn't love the scent because it wasn't interesting enough for me, but it smelled light and fresh so it was one of those inoffensive fragrances that most people would be ok with. I was happy enough to use it although the longevity wasn't great, which I do find annoying. Purchase? No.


Urban Skincare Co Infuse Body Balm

You've probably seen a bundle of empties of this product before because we scored a few of them when we stayed in a hotel last year. Full review here.

It smells good gorgeous and is super hydrating and nourishing without leaving a greasy residue. It also absorbs and spreads well, so a little goes a long way and this 35ml sample didn't vanish in a few uses, as some body creams tend to do. It's definitely one I would use again. Purchase? Yes.

Bloom Eye Definer in Dark Brown

Full review here. Another Project Pan inclusion, and one I didn't love because it transferred from my lashline to my hooded eye area in a heartbeat. All I can say about this is that it worked well enough on my brows, so that's how I got through the product. Glad it's gone! Purchase? No.

In sum

Not a particularly interesting bunch of empties I'm afraid! The stand-outs are the OGX products, the Fig & Yarrow spray and the Urban Skincare Body Balm.

Have you finished anything amazing this month? I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.