The big declutter 2016: fun new things to play with!

/
0 Comments

Next up in my decluttering attempts is to finally use some of these larger samples I've had lying around: while some are relatively new, others have been gathering dust for over six months and I'd like to get through them.

Although I've been doing my usual sachet city posts, most of these samples are too big for sachet posts and a few might even warrant separate, full reviews if they contain enough product for a good test.

So as part of my 2016 declutter series, I wanted to write a post on these now and then update you on what I think of everything once I've used it. And after that, I'll have ten more products for my empties post and ten less in my stores. That has to be a good thing!

So here's what I'll be testing over the next few weeks:


Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream and Hydrating Face Cream

I've never used Bobbi Brown skincare before so I'm happy to give these a go. The eye cream is apparently packed with peptides, natural plant oils and humectants that target fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness and dryness. It's designed to visibly revive eyes.

The face cream is is formulated with algae extract, a hydrating botanical, and kukui nut oil, a natural extract that effectively softens skin and prepares it for smooth, seamless makeup application.

It will be nice to take a break from the skincare I've been using and I'm looking forward to seeing how these fare.


Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-ageing Antioxidant Infusion Essence

It seems that essences are the new black of skincare these days (like cleansing oils were not so long ago), and I have liked the few I've used recently so I'm definitely up for testing more.

This is meant to boost the skin’s natural hydration levels both instantly and over time, and it contains a blend of seven powerful antioxidants to fight environmental aggressors. 

I've been saving this because I have a feeling I'll like it, so I may well open it first because I'm excited about it : )

Klarity Lasertox Miracle White CC Lotion SPF 30 PA++

This sample came with a Sephora order and it's one of those items that I'm rather suspicious of because I don't like the idea of anything 'whitening' - particularly after using a couple of Memebox products that claimed to whiten and smelled like bleach.

The product contains diamond powder (for illuminating the skin) and also uses vitamin c and lycopene to replenish nutrients in the skin's cells. Plus it claims to help with hydration, toning and firming.

What I'm hoping is that it will make a good mixer product for some of my summer bases, which are currently too dark for me. At least it contains plenty of sunscreen!


Klorane Shampoo with Quinine and B Vitamins

This came in a recent edit of The Parcel and I wasn't happy to see it because it came without its matching conditioner. Gosh it annoys me when sub boxes do that: I'm never going to buy a shampoo if I haven't tested a conditioner with it - no matter how much I may like it - so this is basically junk that I need to get rid of.

It's for weak and thin hair, which isn't me, but I'll use it because I'd rather do that than throw it in the bin, and it's not something I would pass on without its pair.

Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid

If you read this blog you'll know I've used this for years and love it: it's an HG product of mine and one I'll probably always have in my stores. 

I received this little 5ml sample as a GWP, and instead of saving it for the next time we go away (which, let's face it, ain't happening any time soon considering the pregnancy and the mortgage and the toddler!), I wanted to use it now so I could compare it to the Pixi Glow Tonic I'm currently testing. 

Good news is, this sample is saving me from opening one of my larger bottles and I'm looking forward to seeing how the two glycolic products stack up against each other.


Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Solution Micellaire 

This is a gentle daily cleansing and makeup removing water for face and eyes. You've probably seen the original pink version but this blue one's been formulated for dehydrated, dry skin.

While that's definitely my skin type, I'm one of the few people on the planet who doesn't rate Bioderma's micellar offering at all - it just doesn't work as well as other micellar products I've tried and I think it's overpriced for what it is. Fingers crossed I have better luck with this blue version, although I don't like my chances.

Malin+Goetz Clarifying Clay Mask

This came in one of my Mecca Beauty Loop boxes: it's a deep cleansing and exfoliating clay mask that's apparently ideal for oily or acne-prone skin.

While my skin isn't oily, I do often use clay masks because I get occasional hormonal breakouts and decent masks can help with those. This product has had some great reviews on Mecca's website so I'm looking forward to testing it, although I hope I don't love it too much because it ain't cheap at $72 a pop.


The Body Shop Drops of Youth Concentrate

This one came in a sub box and I popped it to one side because I've been testing other serums, but I'm just about ready to review those and change things up so this will make a nice break from what I'm using.

I didn't love the oil from this range but hopefully I'll like this. It's meant to enhance the skin's condition, leaving it looking fresher, smoother and healthier. Fingers crossed!

L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Youth Oil

From memory this was a GWP from Adore Beauty, and while it's only a little sample, it's an oil so it should last a good while and I may be able to review it separately. It's meant to help fight the visible signs of ageing, leaving your skin looking firmer and more plump.

I'm really looking forward to using this because I've been missing having an oil in my collection (I've been trying to finish off other products before buying one), so hopefully this one's nice.

In sum

I'm really looking forward to using these because I've been pretty consistent with my skincare for a while now and I feel like a short break before returning to the products I've got going.

What I'll do is introduce each of these samples gradually so I can see what they're all doing, then I'll update this post with mini reviews once I've given them all a test (it may take a month to get through them all, so bear with me). I'll also write full reviews of anything that I can use long enough to warrant one, so stay tuned.

Do let me know if you've used any of the above products and what you think of them if so - I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.