The big declutter 2016: declutter round #1

/
0 Comments

It's probably been a week since I wrote my last declutter post, so it's time for another one because I'd like to have the declutter series wrapped up by the end of July. 

I might then do some more decluttering as we come into Christmas, but for now I'll finish off the process so my stores are looking a little neater as we enter August and spring doesn't look so far away.

I'm decluttering thirteen items in this post and, over the next week, I'll have a look at my stores and see if anything else can go. I've been adding these products to the 'donate' bin throughout the year, but I haven't yet turned an eye to my existing collection so I'll do that soon and let you know if anything else is heading out the door.

So without further ado, here's what I'm passing on:


The ulta3 volume & length and Nars Audacious mascaras just didn't work for me, and I'd meant to give those to a friend who works for a women's shelter while they hadn't been open long, but unfortunately she's been away so I'll probably just bin those because mascaras aren't something you want to leave sitting around.

The two Mirenesse brow mascaras can also go into the bin: I don't like this brow product because it has a sheen to it (I don't like my brows to look shiny), and while I only opened these to check them the other day, for some reason they've started to thicken and dry out so they're heading for the bin too.


As for powders, none of these is super old so I can easily pass them on and hope someone else gives them more love than I have.

The ModelCo Blush in Peach Bellini is a beautiful shade but the texture is quite bad - it's grainy and powdery - and while it looks ok on the cheeks, I have other blushes I prefer so I never use it.

The two eyeshadow quads from Mememe and Be a Bombshell aren't great formulas because they're not very pigmented, but they're both ok products and I'm sure that someone else can get more use from them than I have.

All three of these products will be donated to the women's shelter, and I know they'll be gladly received there so they won't go to waste.


Now for six lip products, which I'd also like to donate while they're still fairly new. Again, there's nothing wrong with any of these but they don't work for me for whatever reason - maybe they're not my colour or they're too drying on my lips, or I have dupes for them and don't need more items in the same shade - so these will be going to better homes too.

Almost all of the products are pink, which isn't surprising because pink generally doesn't suit me, and I know someone else will give these more love than I have.

In sum

There we are: thirteen products that will be leaving my collection! Four will be binned but the other nine will be passed on and hopefully enjoyed by others.

Let me know if you've had a declutter moment this year, and how you've found it if so : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.