Alpha-H A-List Kit - review

/
0 Comments

I had a couple of reviews in mind today that I wanted to write, but I've sat down at my computer and I'm shattered both physically and mentally because it's been a HUGE week with my little girl, so I thought I'd do this round-up post instead since all the individual reviews are already written and I don't have to think too hard : )

As any full-time carer will say, you're always SO OVER it by Friday (!): it's one of those days where you're counting down the hours (the minutes, the seconds) until your partner gets home so you can finally switch off and rest your weary body.

Anyhoo. Alpha-H! 


I received this kit as a GWP when I spent a certain amount on Alpha-H products. I can't remember which online retailer I received this from, but Alpha-H is often on promotion somewhere so it's worth waiting for specials if you're planning on making a purchase.

This little kit is a great introduction to the brand. It contains:
  • Liquid Gold 50ml
  • Gentle Daily Exfoliant 12g
  • Protection Plus Daily SPF 50+
  • Balancing Cleanser 15ml
  • Liquid Gold Smoothing and Perfecting Mask 15ml

The first three items above are HG products of mine, so it ended up being a great little kit!



Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera

This is one of the few Alpha-H products I've used that I haven't liked. I've reviewed it here.

If the online reviews are anything to go by, this is a really popular product - which surprises me because I reckon Alpha-H makes much better cleansers than this one, but of course everything comes down to personal choice.

It's a white cream with a light, fresh scent, and it feels nice and soothing on the skin. It does an ok job of removing makeup and grime, but it doesn't do this as well as most other cleansers I own and my skin doesn't feel particularly clean or refreshed after using it, so I can't rely on this product alone and I only ever use it as a first cleanse and then use something better after it.

The good news is that it's quite gentle and it doesn't irritate my sometimes-sensitive skin, but it's not one I would buy because I need something with more punch.


Alpha-H Gentle Daily Exfoliant

Full review here. This product hit HG status within the first few uses and I now can't imagine life without it. I'm rationing this tub because I don't want to finish it, but when I do I'll definitely be buying the full size.

It's a white, odourless powder that doesn't look like much in the container, but once mixed with water and applied to the skin as a paste, it's a beautiful, gentle exfoliant that does a remarkable job of resurfacing the skin.

My face looks so much fresher, brighter and cleaner after using this. It also feels smoother and more even, so it's a great product for morning because makeup goes on like a dream after use. Love this one.



Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily SPF 50+

Full review here. I absolutely love this sunscreen. It reminds me of the Mecca To Save Face Superscreen SPF 50+ because they both feel great on the skin, aren't greasy, provide a good base for makeup and have a big dose of sun protection.

I have dry, sensitive skin and this product hasn't irritated or clogged pores, and it feels lightweight and comfortable on the skin while still being hydrating. Unlike many sunscreens with high sun protection, it doesn't leave a white film on the face so it's undetectable, meaning it's a good product to pat over makeup as well if you need to boost your sun protection throughout the day.

The only issue with this sunscreen is that it's quite expensive so I wouldn't buy it (not at full price, anyway). Otherwise I can't fault this product and it's my new HG facial sunscreen.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid

Ah, my old friend. I don't want to rabbit on too much about this product because it's been an HG item of mine for years and everyone's probably sick of hearing me bang on about it, but suffice to say that I can't see this one ever leaving my skincare armoury.

I've reviewed it here. If you haven't tried it, I urge you to grab a sample. It's a resurfacing treatment that lives up to its claims and then some (it helps with break-outs too), and my skin always looks better when I'm using it. Love.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing and Perfecting Mask

I've reviewed this here. While it's won awards and many people rave about it, unfortunately this one does nothing for me. 

I've seen a few people with sensitive skin say they can't tolerate this mask (so be careful if that's you), and although my skin is on the sensitive side, I haven't had any issues with this but I haven't experienced any benefits from using it either.

It's meant to leave you with brighter and more nourished skin, but for me it makes my skin look and feel duller and drier. Foo! Hoh well, can't win 'em all.

In sum

This is a great little kit and I'm super glad I had the chance to try it - and extra glad it was a freebie! I already loved Liquid Gold, but in this kit I've found two new favourites: the sunscreen and the powder exfoliant. Woot woot!

I've got one Alpha-H kit left in my skincare back-ups, and I can't wait to try it. I'll let you know how I go when I do : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.