An introduction to Argo Naturals

/
0 Comments


I was recently contacted by the owner of a Swiss brand, who asked me whether I was interested in reviewing some of the company's products.

I hadn't heard of Argo Naturals before but I checked out the links he sent me and liked the look of the brand - I'm all for natural products that don't cost the earth - so I said yes and happily my package arrived last week.

I received a Rose Water Tonic and a refill pack of Argo Naturals' best-selling Pure Thanaka Powder, which I'll talk more about below, but first I wanted to say something briefly on the company in case others hadn't heard of it either.


About Argo Naturals 

I've taken the below info from Argo Naturals' website. If you want to learn more about the company, its website is here.

Argo Naturals apparently takes inspiration from local cultures in the most remote regions of the world, reviving forgotten natural ingredients used in ancient beauty treatments. 

The company focuses on organic skincare and uses as much bamboo as possible for its packaging (apparently bamboo has a fast, natural and chemical-free growth, and is 100% biodegradable).

The website also says that Argo Naturals 'wouldn't exist without the culture of Burma with its friendly and openhearted people, who introduced us to our first beauty product: Pure Thanaka Powder. We therefore feel responsible to support the Swiss health organisation DHM with its school project for orphans in Mandalay, Burma.'

Sounds good to me!


Argo Naturals Rose Water Tonic and Pure Thanaka Powder

The mist I received is made from Alba rose oil through steam distillation and can be used as a cooling facial toner, a facial refresher and a natural hair spray. Rose water has a bundle of benefits that I won't go into now (I'll do that when I review the product), but I'm looking forward to testing this one because I love a good facial mist and can't get enough of them in summer. 

I'm even more excited about the Pure Thanaka Powder I received: I hadn't heard of anything like it before and I love discovering new and interesting products.

Apparently Thanaka is a finely ground bark from Myanmar, Burma. It's suitable for all skin types and can be combined with oils or creams. You can use it as a face powder or mix it with water and apply it as a face mask or cleanser.

I'm intrigued - can't wait to try it!

In sum

I'll check back in soon with reviews of the products once I've tested them, but going by the online comments I've seen, I reckon I'll really enjoy them. 

I haven't been paid by Argo Naturals and I'm not affiliated with the brand in any way - I was just sent a couple of products to try and as always I'll give my full and honest opinion once I've used them. I did want to write this initial post about the company, however, because I hadn't heard of it before and I reckon it has an interesting story.

Let me know if you've used any products from Argo Naturals. I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.