Mecca L3 Beauty Loop Box January 2016 - unboxing

/
0 Comments

When I received the email yesterday saying the Mecca Beauty Loop Boxes were in, I knew I'd be going out to grab mine that day - no matter what else I had on my plate.

Like many I look forward to these boxes and can't wait to see what's in them, and I'm happy to say that they seem to keep getting better and better as the months pass.


While I'm rather ashamed that I've now hit Level 3 Beauty Loop status (ooops!), I'm also super excited. 

And at least I can say that I haven't reached Level 3 all on my own: I've had some help from Mum (who has used my card to buy a few things for herself) and I always ask for Mecca giftcards for Christmas and my birthday.

There we go. Justification out of the way ; ).


There's the stuff! This quarter's box includes samples from By Terry, Ren, Chantecaille and Nars.

The big ticket item this quarter is the generously sized Nars blush in Orgasm, and while no one would turn away a Nars blush, I'll be interested to see how people feel about this inclusion - purely because I reckon that anyone who wants Orgasm probably already has it (whether on its own or in a palette), and anyone who doesn't will probably have a dupe for it and will wonder what to do with all that gold shimmer. Or maybe that's just me ; )

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Love

I haven't tried much from Chantecaille so I'm pleased to see this little gloss. Apparently it has an enriching formula that combines a long-lasting, hydrating finish with incredible colour.

I go through so many lip glosses and there's always room for one more. Hopefully I don't love it too much though because Chantecaille products ain't cheap.


Nars Blush in Orgasm

Ah, the cult favourite. It's referred to on the product card that came with the box as 'the ultimate blush icon'. The shade is meant to add a natural, healthy colour to the face and brighten and rejuvenate the complexion.

I have swatched this at Mecca but was turned off by the shimmer it contains, so we'll see how much I like it on the cheeks. If it doesn't work for me as a blush, it could make a nice highlight or eyeshadow. Looking forward to finding out!


Ren Satin Perfection BB Cream

As you may know, I'm something of a tinted moisturiser junkie (and I'd include BB/CC creams in that category) so I'm thrilled with this inclusion.

Apparently it's a silicone-free BB cream that leaves skin looking flawless, even-toned and luminous with a perfect, non-oily and satin finish. It's for all skin types and it's self-adjusting, so it's meant to suit most skintones.


By Terry Liftessence Trio (Global Serum, Daily Cream and Eye Contour)

According to the card, this collection contains active ruby rose native cells that deliver high performance, anti-ageing benefits. Skin is left regenerated, hydrated and firmed after use.

I'm not big on By Terry because the products are well outside my budget, but I'm certainly happy to give these a go. By Terry is known for its makeup more than its skincare so I'll be interested to see how these little samples fare.

In sum

I'm pleased with this box and can't wait to test everything. I think it's such a great idea for Mecca to bring out these boxes for customers - I'm sure I'm not the only one who really looks forward to them and often finds new favourites to add to the wishlist.

Let me know if you've picked up your Beauty Loop Box and what you think of it if so : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.