Project Pan 2016 mini update #2

/
0 Comments

I'd meant for my next Project Pan update to be a full one, but I finished off my Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner in Nobody's Baby yesterday and it was one of 'those days' here so I was lucky to sneak in a few photos - let alone shots of the twenty products on my list.

Anyhoo. I mentioned earlier that I've never burned through a lip product faster than I have this Ilia one, and it ended up lasting for even less time than I'd first thought. I'm not sure why, but the product seemed to vanish into thin air - so it obviously wasn't worth the $34 AUD outlay for me and it's not one I would buy again.

Here's what I'm replacing it with:


Mememe Goddess Rocks

I've reviewed these here, but it was one of the earlier posts I did so my photos aren't great. I'll hopefully update that post today (if my little girl lets me ; )) because I've taken a bunch of shots to replace the ones in my initial review.

I love the concept of these products - multi-coloured pebbles that look pretty and fun - but in practice they're not for me and I never use them. 

They're called 'luxury bronzing rocks' but they're far too sparkly to use for bronzing (at least for me) and they also emphasise pores so they're not something I would use as a highlighter.

There's a swatch in natural light:


You can see there's a sparkly gold (left) and a sparkly bronze (right). Now the description on the Mememe website says I should have received a copper colour too - which I definitely didn't (I've swatched every rock in there) - plus the website picture looks like the box is full, which it's not. I've only been through two rocks and you can see from the above photo that the container is half-empty. 

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent here and this is turning into a review. Ooops! Where I'm going with all this is: I don't use this product but I like the packaging so I don't want to give it away (I have it on my display shelves), nor do I want the contents to go to waste.

Since I can't use these on my cheeks/face and don't love them as eyeshadows either (I have better ones in these colours), what I've decided to do is use them over summer in my body cream.

I crush the pebbles and add some to the cream, and the mixture when applied leaves my skin looking nice and glowy, and a tiny bit warmer too. I like the result and while I can see a speck of glitter or two in direct sunlight, it's not too much and I can live with glitter on my body more than I can on my cheeks - especially when it's been super diluted by the cream. Call me weird, but that's where I stand on glitter!

Now, to update my Goddess Rocks post...

I'll check back in soon with a full Project Pan update : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.