December 2017 empties #2

/
0 Comments

Happy New Year! Amazing that we've just hit 2018, although no doubt this year will go as quickly as the last one did so let's make the most of it while it's here.

Today I'm writing my second empties post for December 2017, and while yes it's the first day of 2018, I did take these photos a few days ago - it's just that I've been slow to get things moving.

In no particular order...


Palmer's Moisturising Body Oil

This made my yearly favourites list because it's the nicest body oil I've tried. I've reviewed it here.

Not only does it have that familiar, rich and chocolaty Palmer's scent, but it also hydrates my body beautifully and a little goes a long way so the bottle lasted ages.

It spreads and absorbs well, and although I wouldn't call it a dry oil (it does leave a slight residue), it's not super heavy so it doesn't feel too rich. Repurchase? Yes.

Avène Micellar Lotion Cleanser & Makeup Remover

Full review here. I really enjoyed this micellar water and I'm sad to see it go because it worked so well for my skin. Not only did it remove makeup better than many other micellar products I've tried, it did so without stripping my dry, sensitive skin. 

Yes it costs more than I would usually spend on a makeup remover, but you can always grab it when one of the big pharmacies is having a half-price sale, and I may just do that. Purchase? Yes.


Mecca To Save Face Superscreen SPF 50+

Full review here. As you may know, this is my favourite sunscreen on the market. It's not greasy, it works and it doesn't clog pores, plus it sits well under makeup.

I can't rave about this enough. If you haven't tried it yet, I urge you to grab a sample and see how you go. Everyone I've told about this product loves it: it's a cult favourite for a reason. Repurchase? Yes.

Omorovicza Cleansing Foam

This is a nice, gentle cleanser and while it does lather a little, it doesn't foam up and it's not one of those cleansers that contains skin-harming SLS. I've reviewed it here.

I generally used this in the morning as my second cleanse. I used a balm or oil cleanser first and then went in with this to gently clean my skin. It did a good job of that and I enjoyed the process of using it.

While I did like it, it's not a repurchase for me. I personally don't feel the need to spend this much on a cleanser unless it's off-the-charts good, and this didn't quite make the grade. Purchase? No.


Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser

Full review here. This is a good, basic everyday cleanser that doesn't cost the earth and that you can pick up in most chemists. It has that familiar Sukin scent and it cleanses well without stripping the skin.

Mind you, it's designed for normal to oily skin and I did find it a bit much for my dry skin to use twice daily, so I tended to use it only in the mornings perhaps every second day - otherwise I risked drying my skin out. Still, it's a good product and it should suit plenty of skin types. Purchase? Maybe.

Skinstitut Even Blend Serum

I didn't like this product at all and I expected to love it because it's had such good reviews, so it was a disappointment for me and I'm glad I've finally finished it. I've reviewed it here.

It's a gel product and it's meant to target things like sun damage and pigmentation etc, and not only did it not do that, but it was also far too drying for me to use alone so I had to mix it with an oil - otherwise it completely dried my skin out. And since it left a coating, my moisturiser couldn't penetrate and nourish my skin over the top of it. Foo. Repurchase? No.


Project Pan empties

As always, I'll talk about these briefly because I've already talked about them to death via Project Pan, but if you're interested in any particular product then I've left links to my full reviews.

  • Marc Jacobs Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: full review here. I was expecting to love this formula because a lot of people do, but unfortunately I found it too drying and it was also a little grainy so I could feel it when I pressed my lips together. I'm glad I've tried it but I wouldn't buy it. Purchase? No.
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 Cream Eyeshadow in Sweet Spice: a lot of people rave about these but I found the formula to be too drying if I wanted to wear this as an eyeshadow (and I'm not the first person to have said this), so I could only apply a tiny bit and use it as a base. Thankfully, though, it made an excellent facial contour and that's how I got through it. Repurchase? No.
  • Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 32: full review here. I hated this lipstick and I'm so glad I've finished it. It was drying, it stunk and it made my lips look awful. However, since it was bright orange, it was a good one to mix with pink lipsticks to make them more coral (my favourite) and that's how I got through it. Purchase? No.


  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector: this is a fantastic corrector and I'm sad I've finished it but I'm also glad because it lasted almost two years of daily use so it was definitely time for it to go. It's a cult favourite for a reason. Full review here. Repurchase? Yes.
  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Beige: full review here. I panned two of these this year - this one was too dark and the other one was too pale - and I used them both as foundation mixers. They worked beautifully as mixers but I didn't like the foundation on its own because it clung to dry patches and emphasised texture. Repurchase? No.
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Pencil in Rich Brown: I haven't reviewed this yet but I do have another one that I've just opened so I'll review that eventually. It's fine as an eyeliner and while it doesn't adhere to the waterline as long as I would like, it's not too bad and I've certainly used worse. It's also a twist-up arrangement that doesn't require sharpening, which is a huge plus for me because I'm lazy. Repurchase? Already have.

In sum

That's all from me!

Wishing you all a very happy 2018: may it be a good, safe year for all.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.