Project Dent 2017 update: Burberry Light Glow Blushes in 07 Earthy and 06 Tangerine

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my last Project Dent update for the year!

I'm super pleased to be winding up this series for 2017 because very soon I plan to kick off Pan that Palette 2018 and I wanted to have the Project Dent 'floor' cleared before then. 

I will of course be bringing back Project Dent in the new year because it's my favourite project, but for the next few weeks I would like to have a rest from it while I sort out Project Pan and Pan that Palette - just so I know how next year is looking.


If you're interested, I've reviewed Tangerine here and Earthy here. I wanted to review these separately because I feel a little differently about each of them, although yes they are the same formula - it's just that Tangerine shows up a bit better on my colouring.

Long story short, I don't think these blushes are worth the price-tag because they don't perform or look like high-end blushes on my face, so I'm not really sure why they're so damn expensive. Indeed, both these blushes and also my Burberry eye quad are headed for my 'most disappointing products' list of 2017, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.


I also plan to de-pot both of these blushes soon (indeed, I'm starting the process as we speak) because I want to throw them in a custom palette and eventually get through them. I mightn't get to them next year because they're some of the newer powders to my collection and I'd rather move out the older ones first, but I will get there eventually.

So, let's have a look at how I went over the denting period.


If you're interested in seeing my Project Dent intro post for these blushes, it's here.

Here's how Earthy looked back on 9 December 2017, when I introduced it to Project Dent (yep, barely used):


And here's how it's looking now, after two weeks' daily use:


So you can see that I've definitely worn-down the surface pattern, and while I wouldn't normally expect to see this much movement in a blush over a two-week period, in this case I'm not surprised because it's so sheer that I have to really build it in order to see it.

Earthy doesn't work as a blush on me (I have to lay it on like cement if I want to see the colour, and by then it looks terrible), but it does work as an very subtle contour. I also can't wear it as an eye colour because you can't see it on my eyes, although I can use it as a base shadow.

Here's how Tangerine looked back on 9 December:


And here's how it's looking now, after two weeks' daily use:


So you can see there's been a reasonable amount of movement in Tangerine, too. I think Earthy is showing a bit more movement because I need to build it A LOT, whereas Tangerine shows up a little better so I need to use less of it each time.

While I do like the colour of Tangerine, it doesn't do anything special for my face (like blur texture or lift the cheeks etc) so I don't think this was worth the price-tag either. Indeed, I'm looking forward to panning both of them!

In sum

That's all from me. I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you're going well with your own panning projects. We're almost at the end of the panning year now so soon we'll be able to start with fresh wave of products and keep working towards streamlining our collections.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.