Makeup inventory: December 2017

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my December 2017 makeup inventory! 

My last inventory post was at the end of September (see here), and as promised, I'm back with my next quarterly update.

Do note that I'd planned to do my next inventory at the end of the year - just to give myself as much time as possible to move more products out of my collection - but I'm in a panning post mood at the moment so let's just roll with it!

On that, yesterday I wrote a post on my 2017 panning goals and whether I met them: see here if you're interested.

Also note that because I'm doing this inventory post at the beginning of December (rather than at the end), I won't be including those few products on my Project Pan list that I know without question will be finished within the next week or two. I reckon that's fair ; )

But enough preamble. Let's see where we're at.


Primers

Last update, I had ten: four open full-sizes plus six unopened full-sized back-ups. Ach. Somehow primers have become my worst category this year and I'm not really sure how that happened!

Yes I managed to pan one but I received another one via a sub box so I still have ten: five open full-sizes and five unopened ones. Too many. I only want four or five.

Setting sprays

Late update I had one and I still have one.

I'm happy with that for now but I will need to buy another one at some point because the one I'm using is almost dead.

Liquid illuminators

Last update I had one full size, which I've since panned so I bought myself a replacement and then later received one in a Mecca Beauty Loop box, meaning I now have two.

My goal was two, then it was zero because I had two glowy primers - but I've since panned one of those and the remaining glowy primer isn't great for mixing with foundation because it doesn't have enough punch, so I've revised my liquid highlighter goal to one.

Liquid foundations

I had five (three being unopened) and I've panned a couple so I now have three (one being unopened).

My goal here was no more than three: I've achieved that : )

Shade adjusting drops/foundation mixers

I had four: one bottle of whitening drops and three tinted moisturisers that I'd specifically bought during the Priceline sale for the purpose of mixing - one's dark, one's pale/neutral and one's yellow - and the whitening drops are open but the other three are not, although I'll need to open them soon because I've almost panned the other items I've been using for mixing.

So that's four mixers total. I'm ok with that for now because mixing is necessary for my weird skintone, but I don't need two pale ones so my goal here is three. 


Powder foundations

I had zero and I still have zero.

Zero's my goal (I have dry skin and prefer liquids) so we're there.

BB/CC creams and tinted moisturisers

I had two and I still have two

I'm surprised about this because lighter bases are my favourites, although I suppose that the three foundations I own are all quite sheer so in practice they have tinted-moisturiser coverage and that's why I don't feel the need to buy any more. For now!

Correctors

I had three and I now have two because I've panned one. I'd prefer to only have one so I'll aim to pan one next year.

Concealers

I had two and I still have two. That's my goal so yay!


Setting powders

I had one and I still have one. I personally don't need any more than that so I'm at my goal.

Finishing powders

I had one and I still have one. Happy with that.

Face palettes

I had two (including one unopened backup of the same limited-edition palette), which contains a finishing powder, a bronzer, two blushes and one highlight. 

I now have three because I bought the latest Hourglass holiday edit, and I'd like to only have two so I'll eventually pan one of last year's edit because I don't need two of those.


Cream blushes, contours and highlighters

I've condensed this category into one because I had zero across the board and I still have zero.

That's my goal. Yay!

Cream eyeshadows/bases and primers

I had four and I now have three because I panned one. So I have two dedicated eye primers and a glitter glue (all open), and I'd like to pan one of the primers because I don't need both.

Two's my goal here.


Bronzers/contour powders

I had eight bronzers (two being minis) and I now have six because I panned the minis - and six was my goal so yay! 

One of those bronzers is neutral/cool so I suppose you could call it a contour and say that I only have five bronzers, but I'd rather just roll it in with the others - otherwise I start confusing myself if I have too many categories.

While my 2017 goal was no more than six bronzers, I have a feeling that I'll reduce that to four next year because I have a couple that I like but that don't have a permanent place in my collection. Looking forward.

Blushes

I had twelve and this category has gone down for the simple reason that I've been able to de-pot some and add them to my custom palettes (so they'll be counted in the custom palette category below).

I now have nine (one being a half size and one being a three-pan palette) and my goal for 2017 was ten so I've done one better than that.

Next year I would like to make room in my custom palettes as I pan other things so I can move two more blushes into those and get myself down to seven - which is the ultimate goal I've been working towards in this category.

Highlighters

I had seven and I now have six (one being a half-size) because I de-potted two of my Becca highlighters but I also bought the 2017 Hourglass three-pan strobe palette. 

My goal was no more than seven so we're good here. Next year, I would like to pan a highlighter (perhaps my Laura Mercier, because it's not the right colour for my skintone) and I'd also like to make room in my custom palettes so I can de-pot the Becca split pan that contains half highlighter/half blush so I can add that to my custom palette of Becca face products.


Eyeshadow palettes (small and large)

I had nine: one quad, three quints and five larger palettes. 

I now have ten because I bought one of the new Marc Jacobs seven-pan palettes, and by golly I want more of those so I'd like to pan some of my smaller palettes next year so I can justify another purchase or two!

My goal here is seven, keeping in mind that I only have two twelve-pan palettes, one fourteen-pan and two nines. So I guess you could say that a quad, three quints and a septet add up to two larger palettes - bringing me to my goal of seven?!?! ; )

Eyeliners 

I had two and I now have one so I need to buy another one to replace the brown I'm about to finish (it's not being counted here). 

One is my goal. Woot woot!

Mascaras

I had two full-sizes (one unopened) and two unopened minis, so four mascaras in total. I now have two minis and one unopened full size, so we're down to three.

Happy with that!

Brow products

I had two brow pencils and I'm panning one, so within a couple of weeks, I'll have one.

I've reached my goal here.


Lip liners

I had one and I've panned it so I now have zero, which was my ultimate goal. Tick : ) 

Lip crayons

I had one and I still have one. Zero is my goal so I'll pan it next year: I'm not a crayon kinda gal.

Lipsticks

I had seventeen (four being unopened) and I now have thirteen (three being unopened).

Twelve is my goal here. Ach, so close! Looks like I'll get there in early 2018.

Lip balms

I had two and I've panned those, so I now only have the one that I received in our last Mecca Beauty Loop box.

Lip glosses

I had four (two being unopened), and I now have six (four being unopened).

My goal for glosses was four, but since I only have one lip balm and I'm aiming to bring my lipstick collection down to no more than ten - plus I'm not into crayons or lip liners - I'll raise that number to no more than eight because glosses are my favourite lip product so I'd prefer to have more of those and less of everything else.


Custom palettes

Previously I had four - two larger palettes and two smaller ones - and I since bought a couple from Bleach London because they were super cheap (it's hard to get cheap palettes in Australia, especially when you factor in what most retailers charge for international shipping), for the simple reason that I wanted two palettes (one large, one small) that I could use for my panning projects - leaving my better-made ones for storage and travel so I wouldn't be wearing them out with daily use.

So yes, I now have six custom palettes.

In my last inventory (four custom palettes), I had:
  • three bronzers
  • four blushes (one being a mini)
  • seven highlighters (yikes)
  • fifty-one eyeshadows

In my six custom palettes, I now have:
  • three bronzers
  • six blushes (one being a mini)
  • nine highlighters (one being a mini)
  • fifty-three eyeshadows

As mentioned previously, my goal with this section is not so much to get the numbers down (I want my custom palettes to be full), but instead to keep finishing pans so I can continue to de-pot my individual powders and bring those into these palettes. I reach for my custom palettes daily and anything in them gets plenty of use. 

So I've done ok in this section because we can see there's been some movement.


The final tally

Here we go... *nervous face*

Including the individual pans in my custom palettes (but counting pre-made palettes as one item), I now have a total of 162 makeup items, which is a decent reduction from the 174 I had previously. 

If I count the custom palettes as only six items and don't count the individual pans, I have 97 - a good reduction from the 109 I had in my last inventory. 

My overall goal for 2017 was no more than 100 items, plus whatever's in my custom palettes, so I made it. Huzzah!

I had also hoped to get my individual pan count down to 150, and I know I can do that relatively early in 2018 because quite a few eyeshadows in my custom palettes are on the way out, so although I didn't quite get there, I will soon.

That's all from me! 

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.