Project Dent 2017 update: Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario

/
0 Comments


Hello and welcome to my next Project Dent update for the year.

I'm not going to waste too much time talking about this palette because you can no longer buy it, but suffice to say that it's my favourite eyeshadow palette of all time. 

Not only do I love the ABH formula, but I also love the colours in this particular palette. And while I do own the Modern Renaissance, I find that this is the palette I reach for when it comes to everyday looks, while the MR is the one I tend to use when I'm going out. 

Indeed, if ABH ever brought this palette back, I can tell you now that I would absolutely buy it again.

Below is how my palette looked two weeks ago, when I started denting it:


So you'll be able to see that the opening shot above shows a lot more movement in the palette, but let's look at the enhanced (for clarity) shots so you can better-see progress:

Here's how my palette looked 2.5 weeks ago, when I introduced it to Project Dent:


And here's how it's looking now, after 2.5 weeks of daily use:


I can definitely see good movement, and I must say, I was surprised that I didn't hit pan in Hollywood (top left) because that's the shade with the biggest dip and I've heard that these shadows are very easy to pan.

Let's have a closer look at each half of the palette.

Here's the left side as it was two weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now:


Now for enhanced shots, so you can better-see progress.

Below is the left side of the palette, as it was 2.5 weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now: 


So, you should be able to see changes in the surface of all three shimmer shadows (top row), and Hollywood is showing the biggest change although there's a nice little dip happening in Kim now too.

I wasn't expecting Hollywood to be the shade that I used most in the denting period - it somehow just turned out that way - and because I normally use a small pencil or accent brush in this particular shade, that's why I've been able to concentrate my use of the shadow in a small area.

As for the mattes (bottom row), Lula is definitely showing the most progress of the three - which doesn't surprise me because I use that just about every time I use this palette. Reason being, many of the shimmers are quite warm so I feel the need to use something cooler to pull back the warmth of the look. Indeed, if I could make any change to this palette, it would be to swap out one of the golds and replace it with another cooler matte shade, one that's darker than Lula but not too dark. What about a dusty, rosy plum?

Both Isabel and Violeta have had some good use during the denting period, but I use larger brushes in those so we're not seeing the same kind of concentrated progress that we're seeing with Lula.

As for the right side of the palette, here's how it looked 2.5 weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now:


Now for enhanced shots.

Right side of the palette, 2.5 weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now:


So, you should be able to see dents in all six shades on this side of the palette, which isn't surprising because they all make good lid colours and I've used them all a few times each over the denting period.

Paris and Marina are showing the most progress, which makes sense because they're the most neutral of the six so they're great for everyday wear.

One thing I learned over the last two weeks is that I really love the shade Claudia, which I wasn't expecting because I'm not huge on blue eyeshadow - but this one has a little green in it so it looks more teal on me (teal being my favourite colour of all time, whether we're talking about clothes, makeup or anything else) - and the less I use, the more teal it looks because I have strong yellow undertones in my skin. Love.

In sum

That's all from me!

I guess the only other thing to note is that I don't plan to bring in any more items to Project Dent until the new year (keeping in mind that I'm currently denting two Burberry blushes) for the simple reason that I'm planning to kick off Pan that Palette 2018 on or around the 20th of December. I'm doing this to separate it from Project Pan and Project Dent so that I don't find myself swimming in updates around the middle and end/start of each month, which was one of the issues I had this year.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.