Project Dent 2017: Burberry Light Glow Blushes in 07 Earthy and 06 Tangerine

/
0 Comments

I've been wanting to dent these two Burberry blushes for ages, and I'm glad I still have some time left to do so before I kick off Pan that Palette and Project Pan 2018.

Plus I've barely used them! Despite having had them for around a year now, they just aren't the blushes that ever say 'use me today'. Why? Who knows. I need to use them more to find out! 

Enter Project Dent.


First, some housekeeping: please note that the photos in this post are older. I took them on my (terrible) old camera and edited/transported them from my (terrible) old laptop - so do forgive me for that. I'll aim to do some better ones by the time it comes to reviewing these blushes.

It's just that I haven't been able to take many photos for the last week or so because my son has been sick and permanently attached to my breastal region (damn boys), plus I've been carrying him a lot so my back is stuffed and my whole body's now earmarked for the junkyard.

I'm boring you. Apologies.


Just look at the pretty packaging (why don't I use these?!). 

Burberry packaging is hands-down my favourite. The boxes themselves, the weight, the feel, the look of the compacts - even the little velvet pouches are better quality than any others I've touched - everything screams luxe and the whole Burberry aesthetic is right up my street.

I have three Burberry products (these two blushes and an eye quad), and they're the most beautiful items on my display shelves - so I feel that half the value of these ridiculously expensive purchases has been made up for the simple reason that I feel happy whenever I see them (and I do look at my display shelves A LOT: it's my happy place).

I'm mentioning the value aspect because, if you follow this blog, you'll know that my Burberry Complete Eye Palette in No 7 Pink Taupe (reviewed here) is my biggest makeup regret. Ever. 

Boo boo hiss.

Let's hope the blushes don't find themselves on the same list...


I suppose I should quickly note that while I wouldn't normally include two blushes in the same round of Project Dent, in this case I'm going to because turns out Earthy doesn't work on me as a blush. It's too pale and sheer so I can't bloody see it on my cheeks unless I pave it on like cement.

How did this happen?!?! I've seen bloggers and Youtubers with my skintone (even slightly deeper than mine) rave about it, so why does it work on them and not on me?

Perhaps I just haven't worked out how to use it it yet (better as a contour; best used as a shadow in the crease?).

And while Tangerine is one of my favourite shades on the planet, why do I so rarely use it?

Definitely time for Project Dent...


Here's Earthy as of today, 9 December 2017 (yep, barely used):


And here's Tangerine (maybe slightly more used; maybe?!?!?!):


So. I plan to use these daily for at least two weeks and see if I can't make some progress during that time. Sure we probably won't be seeing any denting, but we'll hopefully see some wearing-down of the patterns on the surface for both.

I'll also review each blush during the denting period, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.

Wish me luck!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.