Panning goals for 2018 (including purchasing restrictions)

/
0 Comments

A couple of days ago, I reflected on my panning goals for 2017 and worked out whether I'd met them (thankfully I did). See that post here if you're interested.

I also wrote my December 2017 makeup inventory post yesterday (even though I'd meant to do it at the end of the year), for the simple reason that I know what I'll have finished by Christmas - so there was no point waiting to post the tally because I could clearly see from my collection exactly what would be finished and what wouldn't be.

Plus I'm just in a panning post mood! Call it wanting to avoid the sales/promotions at this time of year. Call it trying to forget about how many things I would like to buy and instead wanting to focus on how many things I already have. Call it: 'We have no money, so don't even think about it Jane.' You know the drill ; )

So! Here are my panning goals for 2018...


Bronzers

I've panned my way to six bronzers (one being more of a contour) and I also have three bronzers in my custom palettes.

I wouldn't normally expect to get through any more than one bronzer per year unless I've already hit pan in some, but all the ones I have left in my collection aren't showing the kind of progress that the ones I panned in 2017 were.

However. My Laura Mercier bronzer is vanishing before my very eyes and I've only been using that daily for about three weeks now, so I can see that being done within a few months. I've also got a Clarins bronzer that I've de-potted and that's destined for Pan that Palette 2018, and while it would normally hold back progress to pan two bronzers simultaneously, I use the Laura Mercier on the face and the Clarins on the eyes and body - so it's possible that I might be able to kick out both in one year.

2018 goal: finish one individual bronzer and one from my custom palettes.

Ultimate goal: four individual bronzers and two in my custom palettes.

Can I buy more next year? Maybe. If I pan those two, I'll allow one bronzer purchase if something pops up that I can't live without.

Blushes

This year I managed to finish four powder blushes (two being smaller) and I also hit pan in a third full-size. Plus I panned two creams blushes, but I mostly used those as lip tints so that's why. 

I now have nine individual blushes (one being a half-size and one being a three-pan palette), but I also have six in my custom palettes (one being a mini).

2018 goal: pan my Hourglass three-pan blush palette and make enough room in my custom palettes to de-pot more individual blushes. I would like to have enough room to de-pot three full-sizes and also the half-size.

Ultimate goal: no more than seven individual blushes and no more than seven in my custom palettes.

Can I buy more? No. But blushes are my weakness, so I'll likely forgive myself if I buy one ; )


Highlighters

I finished four this year (one being a travel-size) so I now have six (one being a half-size and one being a three-pan palette), plus the nine in my custom palettes.

Geez that's a lot. I do find highlighters easier to pan than things like blushes, though, because not only can you use them on the face, eyes and body, but some of them are subtle enough to be used as finishing powders - or even mixed in with your setting powder if they're too intense to use as finishing powders on their own.

2018 goal: finish one individual highlighter, plus one full-size and one travel-size from my custom palettes.

Ultimate goal: no more than seven individual highlighters, and no more than seven in my custom palettes.

Can I buy more? No. 'Oh, but those Becca Light Chasers...' No. That's a blanket no, Jane.


Eyeshadow palettes (small and large)

I have ten: two twelve-pan palettes, one fourteen-pan and two nines, plus a quad, three quints and a septet. Plus I have fifty-three pans in my custom palettes.

2018 goals: pan the quad and an additional twelve pans from my custom palettes. I may be able to pan more from my custom palettes because some pans are half-gone already and others are quite small (at the moment I have seventeen pans in the custom palette that I want to include in Pan that Palette 2018), so if I could pan them all, I'd be excited.

Ultimate goal: no more than seven pre-made palettes and let's say forty pans in the custom palettes.

Can I buy more? Yes. For every two eyeshadows I pan, I have one 'credit'. Eg if I pan ten eyeshadows, then I can buy a quint or five individual pans.

Face palettes

I have three of these: two Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 2s (it's my perfect palette so I bought a back-up) and one of this year's edit. Although I don't have many face palettes, I would like to pan one - just in case I want to buy the 2018 edit!

2018 goal: pan as much of my open Volume 2 as possible, keeping in mind that I'm panning the Hourglass blush palette next year.

Ultimate goal: no more than two.

Can I buy more? Yes. If I pan one.


Primers

Somehow primers have become my worst category this year and I'm not really sure how that happened! Yes some were GWPs and some came in sub boxes or as birthday gifts, but still.

I have ten: five open full-sizes and five unopened ones. Too many. 

2018 goal: pan three.

Ultimate goal: four or five maximum.

Can I buy more? NO!!!

Foundations, tinted moisturisers and BB/CC creams

I have two tinted moisturisers/BB creams and three foundations (one being unopened) - so five in total.

2018 goal: pan two of each.

Ultimate goal: no more than four total.

Can I buy more? Yes! One out, one in.


Lip products

I'm limiting this to lipsticks and glosses because I don't over-buy lip balms and I also don't buy crayons or liners at all.

I currently have thirteen lipsticks (three being unopened) and six glosses (four being unopened).

2018 goal: pan whatever's open so I can use my unopened ones!

Ultimate goal: no more than ten lipsticks and no more than eight glosses total. I know that seems 'low' for lipsticks (well, for a beauty junkie), but I prefer glosses so I would rather have more of those - plus I've learned that I really don't need many lipsticks because I can always mix a few basic colours to get whatever shade I'm after on any given day.

Can I buy more? Yes. One out, one in.


In sum

Overall I reckon I've set myself some achievable goals here (some more so than others ; )). Fingers crossed.

Note that my panning goals may well change throughout the year - sometimes you realise that you've overextended yourself and sometimes you realise that you can set the bar a little higher - so I'll update this post if needed as 2018 progresses.

Also note that I haven't included categories in this post that aren't over-saturated (eg lip balms) and that I don't have a tendency to over-buy (eg liquid highlighters, eyeliners, mascaras): I've wanted to focus on the categories where I need to reign myself in.

That's all from me! Do let me know in the comments what your panning goals are for next year: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.