Project Pan 2017: December update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my final Project Pan update for the year!

I'm super pleased to report that I've finished another foundation and also a mini lipstick, so I've managed to sneak in a couple more empties before the end of 2017.


Above is my Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Beige. As you may know, I didn't love the formula of this by itself but it was a fantastic mixer and so I mostly got through it by using it to darken up any base that was too pale.

To make sure I got through it this month, I also wore it by itself a few times each week (mixed with some whitening drops to get the shade right) and I occasionally mixed some in with my primer to give me a bronze glow beneath my makeup. I did find a way to enjoy this product but I'm still glad it's gone.


Next, my Marc Jacobs lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. This was only a mini so it didn't take ages to get through and I knew I'd finish it this month, but it's nice to see the end of it all the same. 

I reviewed this product yesterday and I mentioned that I didn't love this formula because I found it very drying, plus it felt grainy when I pressed my lips together and it also didn't do anything for smoothing my lip lines. So it's safe to say that this isn't for me and I'm glad that it's done.

There's my marker sheet for the lipstick below (bottom right):


As for the rest of my products, I only have four remaining because I didn't replace things as I finished them this month.

There they are:


Here's how my list is looking at the end of December:

  • Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze 04 
  • Dazzhop Lasting Eyebrow Pencil 
  • Alpha-H Balancing & Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba 
  • Natural World Hair Oil
  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Beige 
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector 
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Sweet Spice 
  • Marc Jacobs Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 
  • Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 32 
  • Stila's Gilded Gold from the In the Light Palette 
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Auto Waterproof Eye Definer in 212 Rich Brown

So I finished seven products this month and I only have four left. I'll keep working on those four for now and then I'll roll what's left into next year's challenge.


I really thought I would finish my Natural World hair oil this month, but as you can see, I didn't quite get there. It's safe to say, though, that I'll finish it sometime in January - and I'm looking forward to doing so because then I'll be able to open something new.

I do enjoy this hair oil but I've had it for ages now so it will be nice to move on to something else.


Next, my Dazzshop eyebrow pencil. You'll see the marker for this on the sheet above (the long line towards the right). I had a feeling that I wouldn't quite finish this in time and indeed I didn't, but there's probably only a week or two remaining and then it will become too hard to sharpen.

I do like this product but I also prefer a slightly paler brow pencil because my brows are so dark already, so using a paler product gives me a more natural look.
  

Above is my Laura Mercier bronzer. As you may know, I introduced this in mid-November and I've already used around forty per cent of the whole product. You should be able to see above that there's a rim around the top half of the pan: that's the area that's been worn down so it's no longer a dome.

I've never burned through a bronzer as fast as I've burned through this one, and I'm expecting it to be done within the next two months. Not good enough for a bronzer that cost me this much! It's just not pigmented and it also falls off my face because it's so dry, so I have to reapply it after lunch. 


And last, my Alpha-H mask. I knew that I wouldn't finish this by year's end but I wanted to include it anyway, just to make a start on it. I've still probably got three or four months left in the product, but I want to take a short break now that I've wound up Project Pan for the year - that way I'll be able to focus on the three sample masks I currently have open.

Once I've knocked out those three, I plan to throw at least three of my full-sized masks into Project Pan 2018. As you may know, I recently did a skincare inventory and I've also put myself on a skincare no buy, and one of the reasons why I'm doing this it because I have a ridiculous amount of masks in my collection and I really need to start finishing them.

In sum

That's all from me!

It's been a pretty good panning year and I'm pleased to be wrapping things up now so that I can have a few weeks off before I start Project Pan 2018.

In the next little while, I also plan to do a tally post so we can see how much I finished in the 2017 panning year, and I may well do another 'lessons learned' post if I have enough content - keeping in mind that I've already done a few of those posts so I may not have anything new to share for the moment.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.