Alpha-H The Essential Collection - unboxing

/
0 Comments

There's a lot of cleaning and organising to do for the party tomorrow so I've chosen a post today that won't take too long.

This little skincare kit was one of the last things I bought before starting my skincare no buy, and it was the item that made me realise I had too much stuff. You know the straw that broke the camel's back? That was this, although I'm glad I bought it now because I need what's in here.


This kit contains:

  • Essential Cleansing Balm 30ml
  • Essential Hydration Concentrate 25ml
  • Essential Hydration Cream 30ml

The kit's description says that the products aim to help preserve skin's vitality and boost skin's natural capacity for self care and regeneration.


I bought it because I'd been wanting to try the cleansing balm (and I needed a new cleansing balm because I'd almost finished mine), and this kit was on sale so it was the most cost-effective way to do it - while having the opportunity to try two other products from Alpha-H at the same time.

The kit retails for $69.95 AUD but you certainly don't need to pay that much for it. Indeed, I've seen it priced for less than $40 AUD so if you're interested, it's worth shopping around.

Let's have a look at each item in turn.


Alpha-H Essential Cleansing Balm (RRP $45 AUD for 50ml)

This apparently contains a cocktail of essential oils, including sea buckthorn, rosehip and geranium. It's said to be nourishing and it should cleanse the skin while replenishing much-needed moisture. Described as a cleanser, toner, makeup remover and soothing balm in one, it should melt away makeup and impurities to leave the skin clean and soft.

I love a good cleansing balm so I'm looking forward to trying this. As you may know, I currently have contact dermatitis so there's a limit to what I can use on my face, and this cleanser is something I can use. Do note that although Alpha-H is my favourite skincare brand of all time, not many of its cleansers have stood out to me (only one so far) so I'll be interested to see how this fares.


Alpha-H Essential Hydration Concentrate (RRP $59.95 AUD for 25ml)

Alpha-H calls this a 'hug in a bottle'. It's apparently a replenishing, preventative treatment oil that re- stabilises the lipid barrier, preserving the integrity of the skin's matrix. It contains nine nurturing plant oils that are rich in phytonutrients, and it should inhibit oxidative damage and help delay the onset of premature ageing.

Well that all sounds good. My dry, dehydrated skin is definitely in need of a rather large hug. I'll be interested to see how this goes because I don't necessarily think you need an expensive, complex oil like this - I've certainly found that my simple facial oils from budget brands like The Ordinary do just as much for my skin as the more expensive, ingredient-heavy ones do. We'll see.


Alpha-H Essential Hydration Cream (RRP $51.95 AUD for 50ml)

This is described as an aromatic soothing cream that's formulated with rose geranium, evening primrose oil and essential fatty acids. It should bring immediate relief and comfort to parched and irritated skin. This non-glycolic formula is ideal for broken capillaries, diffused redness and sensitivities.

This has been on my list of things to try for ages and I'm glad I bought this kit now because I don't have many plain moisturisers I can use while I'm nursing my skin through contact dermatitis, so in the end it was a good thing that I went for this kit and didn't buy the cleansing balm separately. I've heard a lot of good things about this cream so I'll look forward to seeing how it fares.

In sum

That's all from me! I can't wait to try these products and I'll be sure to write full reviews of each of them, so stay tuned for those if you're interested.

I'll also come back and do a round-up post on this set as a whole with mini reviews of everything, just in case anyone's got their eye on the kit itself, rather than any particular product.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.