Project Dent 2018: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Prismatic Amethyst

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent!

I didn't need to think too hard about which item to include next in this series: this highlighter has been one of my favourites ever since I bought it last year.

And because I've just dented two Hourglass highlighters, I thought I may as well continue that trend and bring this one into circulation.


Funnily enough I almost didn't buy Becca Amethyst - even though I always loved the colour - for the simple reason that I already own enough highlighters and Becca doesn't make my favourite formula: both Opal and Champagne Pop emphasise texture on me, which of course isn't what I want.

But I asked around in the beauty community and everyone agreed that Amethyst has a different formula than the earlier Becca highlighters: it's more dusty and it's drier in texture (although I wouldn't call it dry, it's just not as creamy as the originals), and it's also not as intense. Plus many people confirmed that it doesn't emphasise texture at all.

Good golly they were right.


Indeed, this is my favourite Becca highlighter by far and I use it a lot. 

I can only hope that Becca keeps releasing highlighters in this formula, and I've had my eye on Lilac Geode and Smokey Quartz for a while so I'll certainly be testing those in-store to see how they look on the face.

Not that I need them of course, but you know...


Anyhoo!

Here's how my highlighter looks today, 11 March 2018:


As you can see, I've already got a small dent in this one - and I can't say that for any of the other highlighters that I've first brought into Project Dent - but it's only in the centre and the rest of the pan looks untouched.

My aim over the denting period is to expand that dip in the middle, and also use my brush in a less focused way so we can see some changes in the surface of the rest of the pan.

I also need to review this highlighter at some point, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.

Looking forward! This will be a fun round of Project Dent: I can't wait to use this product every day.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.