Project Dent 2018 update: Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Bronzing Veil in Desert Nights

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Dent update post!

I've been using this bronzer for two weeks now and I wanted to update you quickly on my progress: that way I won't need to bring my entire Kevyn Aucoin custom palette with me tomorrow when we go to Lorne for a few days.

Also, I already know which item I want to dent next (spoiler: it's one of my face palettes) - so I'd like to get that post up either today or tomorrow.


Now I had hoped to review this bronzer during the denting period, but as you may have heard me say in previous posts, it's been a bugger of a month so I'm behind on everything.

What I can say, though, is that this is easily the best matte bronzer I currently own. In terms of all the ones I've used, only my old Stila Sun Bronzer (sadly discontinued) competed with this and I love them equally in terms of formula.

The Stila probably wins overall because the shade I owned (Dark) was unique and I'm yet to dupe it, while this is a standard warm brown that I reckon you could dupe easily enough (in colour, not in formula!).


Anyhoo! Here's how my bronzer looked two weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now:


Two weeks ago, enhanced for clarity:


And now, enhanced for clarity:


As you can see, I've made some reasonable progress on this during the denting period. There's a nice groove along the part I've re-pressed that wasn't there before, and the surface of that whole area looks quite different.

And as I mentioned in my intro post for this round of Project Dent (see here), the re-pressed portion of the pan isn't deep so I should be able to find my way down to 'original' powder relatively quickly. Perhaps when I dent this again later in the year.

That's all from me for now. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.