Project Pan 2018 mini update #5

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first Project Pan mini update for March.

This is a bit of an unusual update for me because I've decided to declutter one of the lipsticks I was panning and I don't think I've ever done that with a PP item before (normally I'll just keep going if they're usable), but in this case I've decided that the colour doesn't suit me and life's too short.

Also, the other lipstick I've 'finished' wasn't really finished: it had melted and deteriorated so much that it was becoming unbearable to use, and it also snapped clean off a while ago so it wasn't surprising when yesterday the remains of the bullet fell into a mound of dog hair on the floor. Time to call it a day!


The item that broke was of course my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 180 Vintage Pink.

I've panned two of these previously and I've mentioned before that they're not structurally sound so they begin to melt and deteriorate very quickly once you start using them more often. It's bloody annoying. I think I've used less than a quarter of my three when they've started to squish themselves into oblivion, which of course isn't what you want.

This one snapped clean out of the bullet not long after I started panning it, and since then I've been using it very carefully and constantly wiping away the melted product that kept depositing itself inside the lid (and therefore down the bullet whenever I closed it).

I'd used at least half of it when eventually it fell on the floor and landed in a pile of gunk, so there goes that. Since I'd used so much, I'm calling it finished.


This is my Sportsgirl Lipstick in IT Girl

While I've always liked the formula of these lipsticks, I found that I didn't enjoy wearing this one because it's too red in undertone. I bought it because I wanted a good brown and I liked the look of this in-store, but in practice it doesn't work on me (red usually doesn't suit me) so I would rather declutter it and pass it on to someone who'll like it more than I do.

Also, I remember buying this on clearance for $0.45 (can you believe it?!) so there's no big loss there and I don't feel the need to get my money's worth from this product.


There's my marker sheet above.

I'll start a new marker sheet for the products I'm introducing next.


Unsurprisingly I'm replacing my two lip products with another two.

I'm doing this because I find lip products the easiest to pan and also because I'm working towards having a very small, capsule lip collection. 

While I know that some people love having a lot of lip colours to choose from, I personally prefer to have a smaller amount of useful shades that I can mix when needed.


The first is my Revlon Balm Stain in 001 Honey.

I didn't buy this (it came as a GWP) but I'm interested to try it because I've heard some positive things about this formula so fingers crossed I like it.

It's brand new so I expect it to last a few months, especially because it's in a hard crayon form so you don't use much each time.


Next, my NXY Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Castle.

I didn't buy this one either: I had a Priceline voucher that I needed to use and I was after a lavender lipstick, and while this isn't exactly the colour I had in mind (it's too cool-toned), it was the closest thing I could find.

Although this looks too cool and dead on me by itself, it's perfect for pairing with pink lipsticks to give me a more lavender or mauve shade, depending on how I mix them. That's why I'm panning it alongside the pink Revlon crayon above.

This is also brand new so I expect it to last a few months.

In sum

That's all from me. 

I guess the only other thing to note is that I'm expecting Project Pan to get slower for me from now on: my makeup collection isn't as large as it once was and I'm not in a rush to pan the things on my list so I can see them all lasting a while.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.