Project Dent 2018: Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Obscura #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another round of Project Dent.

As you may know, I wound up my last round a week early because I was keen to move on to something else, and I've chosen to dent this palette for the second time this year.

Reason being, I need to review it because it's recently been discontinued and pretty soon you won't be able to buy it anymore - so best I get that review in before it becomes completely redundant.


I own three of these palettes, and the first one I bought (Monochrome) is awesome: I reviewed that ages ago (see here), and I loved it so much that I went ahead and bought both Obscura and Exposure.

While I did dent both newer palettes earlier in the year, I didn't love them as much so I didn't review them back then because I wanted to play around with them more before firming up my thoughts. It's time to firm up said thoughts before they're gone for good.

Note that I'm planning to dent both of them now, at the same time (I'll introduce Exposure separately). Yes this will reduce the amount of progress I can make on each one over the denting period, but I'm keen to get those reviews up asap and I also want to work out which one I plan to pan next year alongside my Too Faced Natural Matte Palette (maybe I'll work on both). We'll see.


Here's how the palette looks today:
  

Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


So you can see I've used this a bit (especially the shimmers) but not a lot. My aim over the next two weeks will be to get more visible progress happening, and if I'm lucky, I may hit pan in that dark brown shimmer where there's a pretty good dip happening in the top right-hand corner.

I'll also review it during that time and work out whether I'll be panning it next year. Looking forward!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.