Project Dent 2018 update: Marc Jacobs Eye-conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Fantascene

/
0 Comments

I've now been denting this palette for two weeks so it's time to wind things up and move on to something else.

Do note that I'll likely bring in another one of my Marc Jacobs septets next - just because I would like to ensure that all five of them see good use this year, especially the newer ones that I haven't used much yet (if at all).


Note that I was able to review this palette during the denting period: see here if you're interested.

Long story short, I really like it but I don't reach for it quite as much as I do some of the other palettes - although this is great for summer so I can see myself using it more as the weather warms up.

Also, here's my Project Dent intro post for this palette if you'd like to see that.


Now for progress shots.

There's the left side of the palette, as it was two weeks ago:


And today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Today: 


So you should be able to see that all four shades have seen some use now, while before the palette hadn't been touched.

The first two mattes in particular have little dips in them - which isn't surprising because I use those in every look - and the fourth shade is showing clear use too.

Here's the right side of the palette, as it was two weeks ago:


And today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago (noting that the first shade is repeated):


Today:


While I have used this side of the palette, you can see that the other side received more use over the denting period.

I think the shade I used the most on this side was actually the darkest shade, but since it's dark, I used less per application so we're not seeing a huge amount of progress.

I did also use that copper shimmer quite a bit but it's pigmented and I also didn't focus my brush in the centre of the pan (I moved it around), so that's why we're not seeing a significant dip.

Overall it's been a good round of Project Dent, but I'm looking forward to moving on to something else: I want to ensure that everything in my collection gets a workout before the end of the year.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.