Project Dent 2018 update: Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Obscura #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Dent update post!

As you may know, this particular quint is on my shortlist of items that I may pan next year alongside my Too Faced Natural Matte palette, so what I've been doing over the denting period is playing around with my Hourglass Obscura and Exposure quints to see whether they're the right fit for the Too Faced NM - and of course I've aimed to make some progress on each quint at the same time.


And happily I've finally reviewed this palette over the denting period (see review here) - which was also one of my aims for this round of Project Dent - so I'm pleased to have done that because these quints have recently been discontinued, and although they're currently still available from some online retailers, they won't be for long so I wanted to get that review up asap while it may be useful to someone.

As for my thoughts on the palette itself, this is my least-favourite of the three Modernist quints I own because the two shimmers irritate my eyes and the two dark mattes don't blend well: not cool for a palette that cost this much! Plus it's not a complete palette and I've no idea why Hourglass decided to include two dark brown mattes that are too similar, while leaving out a mid-toned matte to run through the crease and/or fade out as a transition shade. Don't get it.

Moving on.


Now for progress shots.

Here's how my palette looked 2.5 weeks ago, when I introduced it to Project Dent:


And here's how it's looking now:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Before:


After:


As you can see, there's visible progress in two shades in particular: I've now hit pan in the bronze shimmer and the cream shade is showing some good use too. 

You should also be able to see some slight variations in the surface-markings on the middle three shades, although I haven't used those as much over the denting period - partly because I've been using the Exposure quint alongside it in order to review and compare both (and also work out which one I would like to pan via Pan that Palette next year), and partly because I deliberately focused on the 'bookend' shades.

In terms of Pan that Palette 2019, I'm more likely to pan Obscura because it doesn't perform as well as Exposure - and I also want to keep Exposure in my collection for now since I don't own a lot of purple eyeshadow and I prefer Exposure to my Marc Jacobs septet in Frivoluxe, so if I'm going to pan a purple palette down the track, it'd be Frivoluxe and not Exposure.

Also note that I've just reintroduced the Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette into Project Dent, because that's another one I'm considering panning next year. Decisions decisions! Watch this space ; )

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.