July 2019 favourites

/
0 Comments
Hello and welcome to my monthly favourites post for July!

Do note that while I normally pick out products I've recently reviewed for my monthly favourites posts, I haven't done a lot of reviews lately because I've been so busy with work - so many of the items you'll see below have appeared in favourites posts before over the past few years.

Still, it was easy to choose my favourites this month because these are staples I've used over and over again - meaning they're definitely tried and tested, and I've loved them all for a good while.

Let's have a look.


Antipodes Joyful Hand & Body Cream

Full review here. I gave this hand cream an HG tag because I love it so much and I can see myself buying it again and again. I love the blackcurrant scent and also how it feels on my skin: it's lightweight and it absorbs well, and it's been on my bedside table since I bought it.

What I love about this hand cream is that it's hydrating enough for the overnight spot and I can't say that of many hand creams because my skin is so dry (especially now that it's getting colder), but this cream suits me beautifully and I'm waking up with hands that feel nourished and comfortable. I also like that it doesn't have a greasy after-feel so you could certainly use it during the day if you wanted to. 

I can't get enough of this product and I absolutely recommend it, although I would wait for specials because it's more expensive than other hand creams in the pharmacy and there's no point paying more than you need to. Note also that my mum needed hand cream the other day so she tried some of my tube, and she enjoyed it so much that she's going to get herself one. That says something! Love.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light

This bronzer could really be a favourite every month because it's my favourite bronzer of all time, but I used it daily as part of Project Dent this month so that's why it's front-of-mind. See my review here.

It's hard to describe why I feel that these bronzers beat every other bronzer on the market, but it's got a lot to do with the blurring effect that they have on the skin. I always look younger when I have a face full of Hourglass, so it's no surprise that I own one of almost every powder the brand has released.

Better still, this bronzer blends and applies beautifully so I've never made a mistake with it, and while it's super pigmented, I can always diffuse it if I accidentally apply too much. While this shade is better for me in summer because it's very warm and has a red undertone, I still enjoyed it during July and I still love having it in my collection. Just an excellent product.


L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

Full review here. While this oil costs more than what I would typically pay for a body product, it's super luxe and I'm really enjoying it so I think it's worth the price-tag.

It has a sweet scent that's not overpowering and the texture is rich and gorgeous. Once you add water, it thins out beautifully and also lathers up nicely so it spreads out and cleans the skin well.

It also feels beautifully hydrating and nourishing on my dry skin, and what I find after use is that my skin feels soft, clean and moisturised. It's just a lovely product and I recommend it. I've even given it an HG tag. I've been using it daily over the winter and I've almost finished mine now, so I'll have to buy a new one down the track because I enjoy it so much.


Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

I love this stuff. My skin hasn't looked this good since I last used one of these bottles (I'm on to my second), and I know this product is responsible because it's the only thing I've changed and I can see its effects as soon as I apply it. Indeed, the difference is so marked that others have commented on my skin. That's saying something! I've reviewed it here.

It's a fluid serum that comes in a beautiful, weighty bottle: the product just feels special, but better still, the results it offers are special too. Not only does it spread and absorb well, but it also has a brightening effect so it boosts radiance. On top of that, it plumps fine lines and wrinkles so it makes my skin look smoother, and it has an effect on how firm and toned my face feels too. 

This is the best serum I've ever used. Unbeatable.


The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid 5%

Full review here. I've used quite a few products from The Ordinary now and this is probably my favourite, and indeed I've recently opened my second bottle so it's a repurchase for me and that's saying something because I so rarely repurchase skincare (I love trying new things and have very few items that I NEED in my collection).

It's an intense treatment that you apply every few days and I wouldn't use it any more than that or you'll risk irritating your skin. Indeed, I can't use it after any other treatment because it's too strong and it feels like it's burning, so I make sure that I give my skin at least a day's rest after using eg one of my chemical peels.

What it does is resurface and brighten the skin, and it really kills that top layer of dead skin so that my face feels beautifully smooth on the morning after I've used it, plus it looks younger and fresher. It's faded my age spots a bit too. A great little product and also a cheap one.

In sum

That's all from me!

I hope you enjoyed this post and that you have plenty of your own favourites for the month. Do let me know in the comments if so: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.