June 2019 favourites

/
0 Comments
Hello and welcome to my monthly favourites for June 2019.

Yes I'm a little late with this post (and I still need to write some posts around the blog's birthday, which was last week), but it's taking me a while to get my blog schedule back on track after we had a pretty rough couple of weeks at the end of June. Hoh well. Moving on.

So without further ado...


Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario

I haven't reviewed this palette because you can't buy it anymore so there doesn't seem much point in doing that, but I did use it for three weeks in June via Project Dent and that reminded me of how much I love it.

The colours are gorgeous (I love them all) and while ABH doesn't make my favourite formula, I can forgive that here because it's such a great palette and I never tire of it. You can use it for daytime or get a little more interesting for night with some of the deeper shimmers, and the shades do good things for my brown eyes. Love. I wish they'd bring it back.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Nude Bronze Light

I haven't reviewed this particular bronzer although I have reviewed a bunch of Hourglass' other bronzers and this is the same in terms of formula, it just doesn't have any shimmer or sheen to it.

Nevertheless, it's not a flat matte and there's a slight glow to the formula so it never looks dry on the skin. I love that it blends and applies well, and since it's paler than my other Hourglass bronzers, I can build it without looking overdone.

On top of that, it's a more neutral bronzer (but on the warm side of neutral) so I can use it for contouring and it also suits a cooler makeup look. I just love it, and it may well become one of my favourites - hardly surprising, since these Hourglass bronzers are my HGs in terms of formula.


Chantecaille La Sirena Bronzer Highlighter Duo

While I wouldn't normally include two bronzers in my monthly favourites, in this case I'm going to because I used them both a lot this month via Project Dent - so they're both front of mind and I enjoyed using them.

While the Hourglass is a better product, I do like how nicely this Chantecaille product blends and applies on the skin - it just doesn't have the same airbrushing effect that you can expect from the Hourglass.

I also like the highlighter in this duo: it's a standard gold but a beautiful one, and if it were available separately, I would be more likely to buy this than the bronzer because it looks pretty and doesn't emphasise texture. I've reviewed the compact here.


Hask Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Shine Oil

Full review here. I love this hair oil and, as soon as I first used it, I could tell that it was binding with my hair and delivering goodness - rather than sitting on top of the hair and weighing it down like so many oils have done for me before. I love that it immediately thickens my hair and adds some shine, plus it has a nourishing effect so my hair feels more moisturised and in better condition after use, but it doesn't feel heavy or look dull and coated.

It also has a detangling effect so I typically apply it after I've washed my hair but before I brush it, and it helps get the knots out. It also makes my hair more manageable and easier to straighten, and it doesn't get as knotty between washes when I use it - plus it makes my locks sit better too. Overall I can't fault this product. It's cheap, it works and it does great things for my long, dry, frizzy and wavy hair. It's my new HG hair oil for a reason.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

This is always a favourite so I probably don't mention it enough in these monthly favourites posts, but I wanted to now because a few people have asked me about it recently so I thought it was timely to talk about how much I love it. Full review here.

In short, it's hands-down the most amazing makeup item I've ever put on my face. Indeed, you may have heard me say before that if I could only ever use one product for the rest of my life, this would be it. I can't see that changing: this has been my number one for years.

I've no idea what's in these powders, but they diffuse light so my facial texture (eg pores and fine lines) looks less noticeable, and they smooth the surface of my skin so that it looks healthier and younger. They also add a subtle radiance that's never too much, and I can't live without wearing one of these every day. Indeed, I've come to feel that I look 'wrong' without one. Unbeatable.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you have plenty of your own favourites for the month.

Do let me know in the comments what you've been loving lately: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.