Project Pan 2019: July update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my Project Pan full update for July. Do note that I managed to forget to photograph one of my products this month, being my Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. Oops! Hoh well. These things happen.

Here's what's left on my list:

  • Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer 
  • Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter in Fantasy 
  • Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint SPF 15 in Warm Ivory 
  • Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Honey Beige 
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Light 
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Meringue 
  • Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Let's Go Crazy 
  • Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask 
  • Hask Monoi Coconut Nourishing Shine Oil 
  • Evo the Great Hydrator Moisture Mask 
  • BareMinerals Gen Nude Patent Lip Lacquer in Everything 
  • Australis MatchMaker Shade Adjusting Drops, Lightening

So I have nine products left on my list and I only finished three this month. Not a great panning month, but that's partly because I'm panning some items that will take a while to finish. Let's have a look at each remaining product in turn.


First up, my Hourglass tinted moisturiser. I'm still enjoying this product and I'm still mixing it with the highlighter on this list and also another foundation, and I'm using the mix four or five days a week. It's slow going but that doesn't matter because I love it.

Next up, my Coty powder foundation. I haven't marked this again because it looks like I haven't used any, although I've had this issue with loose powders before: that is, you don't make any visible progress for one month, but after two months, you see a big dip. I guess that's just about the powder appearing to have a higher volume as more air gets between the particles. Who knows. There's another month or two in this, I reckon.

My Tarte primer, as it was last month:


 And now:


So you can see that I'm getting somewhere with this, and I hope to have it finished within four months. We'll see. I really enjoy it but it's been open for too long, so I'm looking forward to finishing it while it's still performing well.

Next, my Hourglass blush, as it was last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


I thought I'd try photographing it from a different angle so that you can see it's getting rather flat. Yes there's ages to go, but at least we can see that I'm getting somewhere slowly. I suspect I'll still be panning this at the end of next year, but you never know! Day at a time I guess.


Next, my Nars lip crayon and NYX gloss, which I'm mixing most days now that I finished the other NYX gloss that was on my list.

Do note that I haven't made enough progress on these to bother marking the lip gloss tube or the crayon as it was before, but I'm hoping to kick out the crayon this month (and I don't know whether I'll bother scraping the insides out: we'll see).

I suspect this gloss will be on my list for months - it's too dark and cool-toned for me on its own, so I need to keep mixing it with other things in order to use it. Still, I have things to keep mixing it with so that's the main thing. 


Last up, my Hask hair oil and Marc Jacobs liquid illuminator. Silly me, I barely used the oil this month so I haven't bothered marking it again. From memory what happened is that I had to submit a review for haircare and therefore didn't use the oil until that review was done, and by then I'd forgotten about this oil. I'll do better this month.

The highlighter is slow going because I can't use too much of it in my foundation mix (otherwise it turns the undertone too pink for my yellow-based skin), but I'm getting through it and know I can pan it by the end of the year. It may take the rest of the year, though. We'll see.

As for my replacements:


I've picked two items, one being a dry shampoo that was on my list previously but that I completely forgot about (I seem to be forgetting a lot these days: it's because I have so much work on!).

The second is an exfoliant that I need to review, so putting it on my list will help make me use it more often and encourage me to do that (this tube is my second: I've already finished the first one).


Above is my Batiste Dry Shampoo in Divine Dark. I don't hate this product but I much prefer Batiste's regular line of dry shampoos, so I'm including this to make myself finish it.

Fingers crossed that I won't forget about it this time haha. I reckon I can pan it within a month because I need to use quite a bit each time. 


Above is my Acure Brilliantly Brightening Facial Scrub. I enjoy this product and I'm looking forward to using it more often. I should be able to pan it within a month, although it's pretty concentrated so it may last longer than that. We'll see.

In sum

That's all from me! I'm glad I managed to get this post up on time: I've had some issues with Project Pan updates this year because I've had more work on than usual, so it's hard to stay on top of blogging.

Do let me know in the comments how your own panning projects are going: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.