Alpha-H Anti-ageing Kit - review

/
0 Comments

I've been meaning to do a round-up post on the products in this kit for ages, but I've been busy making some changes to this blog and also giving myself a crash course in photography.

This post won't contain any fancy photos I'm afraid, but it will at least give you my thoughts on this kit as a whole and whether I think it's worth trying (spoiler: it is!).


While I don't love all the products in this set, there isn't a bad product in there and a couple of them have become firm favourites that I can see myself repurchasing forever.

Note: I've reviewed each product separately and I'll include links to those reviews below, but I also wanted to make a brief comment on each product here so you can see whether the whole kit is something you might be interested in.


Alpha-H Absolute Eye Complex with Cucumber & Vitamin B5

Full review here. It took me a really long time to work out how I felt about this product, which usually means that it's not super amazing.

In this case, however, I think I had to get used to the idea that a gel this light could be hydrating, since I'm using to heavy duty eye creams that are thick and rich and feel nourishing to the touch.

This gel is so light and runny that you almost don't realise you're putting it on, but it does make a difference. It has a brightening effect and it absorbs and hydrates well; however I haven't noticed any effect on my dark circles or puffy eyes since I've been using it. While it does plump my eye area a little, it does nothing to reduce my eye-puff.

I think if you were younger than me you might really love this, but I do prefer a heavier eye cream because I can see and feel the effects of those more readily.


Age Delay Facial Oil with Beta Carotene

Full review here. This is absolutely divine and I've given it an HG tag because I reckon it's the best facial oil I've ever used.

It's a yellow oil that smells quite strong (I'm smelling patchouli) and absorbs beautifully. My skin drinks it up, even now that my skin is more normal that dry, so don't discount this if you're worried about putting oil on your skin.

It does leave my face looking a bit greasy, but the grease factor doesn't last and it's gone after I apply my moisturiser. I do prefer applying it at night though, and I've put it aside for winter when my skin is drier and needs the extra hydration that this product delivers.

It also leaves my skin feeling beautifully soft and looking plump - so it's great for fine lines. Plus it's soothing and helps manage reddened, stressed-out skin.


Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera

This is my least-favourite product in the set (full review here). Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I really don't like about it - it's just that I don't think it's that great.

Note, though, that it has some super reviews online, which surprised me because I've used better cleansers from Alpha-H and this isn't the one I would choose - eg I much prefer the anti-ageing cleanser (reviewed here). Each to his own though! 

It's a white cream with a light, fresh scent, and it feels nice and soothing on the skin. It does an ok job of removing makeup and grime, but I don't feel I can rely on this as my only cleanser, so I use it for a first cleanse and then use another product to really get the gunk off.  

The good news is that it's quite gentle and doesn't irritate my sometimes-sensitive skin, so that's a plus - but all in all, I don't think this is a great product and I need something with more punch.



Alpha-H Daily Essential Moisturiser SPF 30+

This is a white cream that's quite light and smells like sunscreen. It's not too thick and it spreads easily and absorbs well. Full review here

It's fine as a sunscreen, but I don't love it as a face cream  - the reason being that it's quite greasy and doesn't feel like it's hydrating my face much. Plus it doesn't have a brightening or plumping effect, and I look for both those things in my day cream.

Also, be careful of putting it near your eye area because if some of it sneaks in there, it stings!

This product is ok, but along with the Balancing Cleanser, it's my least favourite item in this set and it's not one I would buy.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid

This has to be one of my top five skincare products of all time. Full review here. I've repurchased it so many times - I can't get enough of it.

If I ever go for a period without using it, I notice the difference in my skin straight away (it looks older and more tired). When I start using it again, the results are almost instantaneous: my wrinkles are reduced, I look brighter and younger, and my skin feels soft and supple. It also makes life easier when it comes to makeup application because I'm working with a smoother canvas.

Thankfully it's gentle enough for me to use - I've tried other glycolic acid products that have left me with red, flaky skin. This one has never done that, so if like me you have sensitive skin and can't tolerate other glycolic acid products, you may be able to tolerate this one.

If I had to pick one product from this particular kit, it would definitely be this one.

In sum

This kit is a great introduction to Alpha-H's products. Quite a few kits are available and, overall, this one works well for my skin - although I think it would work well for just about anyone.

You also have to love that Alpha-H is an Australian brand and cruelty free. I must say, I think I've finally found my skincare brand and I can't imagine using anything else!




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.