Yay flatlay runner up!

/
0 Comments

So this is exciting. You may remember that, a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across a competition searching for Australia's best beauty flatlay.

This inspired me to start attempting to take more interesting photos for this blog, and I've been playing around with my photography over that time.

I've wanted to get better at taking photos for ages but I've had so much on my plate (the whole we've got a baby thing and we've moved house twice in the last three months - and that's just the tip of the iceberg) so it's something I've been throwing in the 'later' basket until now.

Anyhoo. I entered a few of my better images in the competition and happily I found out yesterday that the above image was selected as a runner up. Yay!

Apparently I've got a box full of beauty goodies being sent out to me as a prize. Double yay.

While a runner up placing in a little competition isn't a huge thing, it's given me confidence to keep exploring and learning about photography, and what I can do to get better at it. There's so much more I want to do with this blog - time permitting - and recently I've (finally) signed up for Twitter and Instagram, and now I plan to join Pinterest etc and really grow my social media tree.

Also, I want to change the look and feel of littlewhitetruths because the template needs some work. This will take some time because it will involve applying a template external to Blogger, and I'm not good with all that technologicical crap so I'll have to find a weekend or two when I can knuckle down and work out just how to go about it, and what template will work best etc. AND hopefully achieve the change without buggering up codes and what have you, since it took a lot of baby-brain power to get all that happening in the first place. ARGH.

But I want to do it, so watch this space.

And thanks to the organisers of the competition: I mightn't have moved as quickly in terms of improving my photography without the incentive : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.