Project Pan update #10

/
0 Comments
It's been over a month since I last did a full Project Pan update, and I've been meaning to do one for a while but we've just moved house so I haven't had much time to give thought to the list and take photos.

On the photos, I'm still working out where the best spot to take them is in our new place, so forgive me if the images aren't quite as sharp as I would like them to be. There's been a lot of muddling through when it comes to taking better photos, and I'm definitely still muddling!

Anyhoo. Let's kick off with my updated PP list:
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti 
  • Emite Make Up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir 
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base 
  • OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha 
  • Bloom Eye Definer Pencil in Dark Brown
  • Dd'ell Stay Forever Gel Eye Pencil 04 in Espresso
  • Benefit Cha Cha Tint 
  • Croquis Alight Pact
  • Croquis Duo Concealer
  • Australis AC ON Tour kit
  • ModelCo BB+ Cream in Medium
  • Royal Nature The Soothing Blemish Balm
  • Dr Brandt Flexitone BB Cream
  • Teeez Chain of Stones Nail Lacquer in Pretty in Pyrite
  • Eleven Australia Miracle Hair Treatment
  • the Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer (switched out)
  • Emite Make Up BB Highlighting Pen in Coco (switched out)
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter (almost finished, switched out)
  • Lime Crime Lipstick in Geradium
  • theBalm Time Balm Primer 


So I've just finished off the Lime Crime lipstick in Geradium.

As you can see, there's still a tiny bit left but I'm keeping the tube anyway because I like how it looks on my lipstick stand, so I thought I'd leave some in case I want to do any comparison swatches in future. I'm glad it's gone so I can concentrate on other lip products.


Above is what I'm replacing the Lime Crime product with: Becca's Sheer Tint Lip Colour in Olesya (reviewed here) and Shanghai Suzy's Lipstick in Miss Sally Watermelon (reviewed here).

Even though the Becca product is one of my newer lipsticks, when I received it from strawberrynet I got the feeling that it was pretty old - which was confirmed when I opened the two other tints in different colours (they don't smell the same). It's not fully off yet but I reckon it may be soon, so I'd like to use it before that happens.

Miss Sally Watermelon is the oldest lipstick I own, so that's why I've included it here. I do love it, but it's not a colour I wear a lot because it's so bright. It's getting a workout now on days when I'm mostly at home.


Above are my powder products. The never-ending ModelCo eyeshadow is at least looking a little more worn, and the 'Tini Beauty eyeshadow in Pearl Fizz is only just getting started.

The Croquis Alight Pact is also looking like it will last a long time, which is ok by me since I love it so much. Indeed, I may well switch it out of the list eventually because I'm in no hurry to finish it - I've just wanted to make sure it's getting used.


Now for my pencils! That Dd'ell eyeliner will last for ages since all I use it for is my lower waterline. I use it daily, but you don't need much each time and I only want the faintest hint of colour when I use it so you can't really tell I've got anything on.

The Bloom eye pencil I'm using daily on my brows because it's a rubbish eyeliner, and it's definitely getting smaller as the weeks pass.

The Emite pencil is also looking pretty sad. It's my test product for how long eyeliners last, so I'm looking forward to getting through it so we have a verdict!


You'll note on the above list that I've switched out the bronzer from theBalm, which is a much better colour on me in the cooler months.

This Stila product is my summer bronzer, and since I bought it partway through summer last year, it hasn't had a huge workout. Hence I've included it here as a replacement for the other bronzer - it needs a good run!


This Emite highlighting pen isn't my favourite product, but I've discovered that it's not a bad one to cart around in my handbag for touch-ups on the go. So I've switched it out of the list because I won't be using it every day anymore, although I may well move it back in later on so it doesn't go to waste.


I've decided to leave the 'Tini Beauty eye cordial product on my list for now, but I'm bringing in my Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Nudist (reviewed here) for days when I'm mostly staying at home - the reason being that I don't like Nudist at all and want to get rid of it, while the 'Tini Beauty product is quite a good one and I'm in no hurry to finish it.

Both products act as eye bases, it's just that the 'Tini Beauty product is actually a good one and you can't see the shimmer in it once you've applied your shadow over the top. Unfortunately Nudist leaves you with glitter everywhere that you can't cover, and it's not a good eye base to boot. I may well use it as a collarbone and shoulder highlight now that the sun's out, just to get through it more quickly.


There's how my rubbish Australis contour palette is looking. Oh how I despise this over-hyped product!

I'm using the pink and yellow shades as a setting powder on days when I'm not going out, and the shimmer powder as a collarbone and shoulder highlight.

I'm not touching the contour shades because they're so bad and I find them unusable. As soon as I hit pan on a couple of the highlighting shades, this product's going in the bin!


The Croquis dual concealer is getting used, but I've decided to move my Evelyn Iona concealer onto the list for days when I'm going out. It's a brilliant concealer (I've reviewed it here) and I want to make sure it gets used, that's why I've included it.

As for the rest of the list, I'm slowly using the three BB creams and the Dr Brandt one will most likely be the next item I finish.

The Benefit Cha Cha tint is still going strong, as is the OCC Lip Tar, and the Eleven Australia and Teez products are both relatively new inclusions, so they'll be around for a while.

Just a note on the highlighter from The Cosmetic Kitchen: I remember when I reviewed it, I pointed out that the packaging was a bad idea because the tube was too hard so it would be difficult to squeeze out any product once you'd made a dent in it. This proved correct, so what I did was cut the damn thing open and put the remaining product (say one third) into a little container that I've stored in my handbag. So while it's not quite finished, it will slowly get used on the go - that's why I've taken it off the list.

In sum

That's it! I did mention in my last mini update that I'd planned to shake up my list a little, so I've done that and can now focus on some new products.

I hope to have quite a few more finished by the end of the year. We'll see!




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.