Project Pan 2019: February update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first Project Pan update post for the year.

This post is a little later than I'd intended, but this week has been absolute madness so far and there's more to come, so I feel lucky that I managed to get the photos done yesterday at all.

Above you'll see:

  • Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Coconut Perfecting Face Primer 
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop 
  • Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • Chapstick Total Hydration Moisture + Tint in Rose Petal 
  • Andalou Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Brightening Mask 
  • Keisha & Co Purifying Clay Mask 
  • OGX Hydrate + Defrizz Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream
  • Dermaveen Hydrating Facial Moisturiser
  • Too Faced Glitter Glue Primer (switched out)
  • Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturiser in Sand
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee
  • BareMinerals Pure Plush Gentle Deep Cleansing Foam

So I've finished three products this month and switched one out because I wasn't using it enough. That's not a huge total for the month but a few of my items are now looking close to being finished so March will obviously be better.


Above is my Keisha & Co mask, which I mainly use as a body mask now that I've reviewed it because it doesn't work well for my face (it's not terrible but it doesn't do much for me).

You'll see that I'm around halfway through the remaining product, and I'll definitely be able to finish it this month.


Next is my OGX hair treatment, which I've had for something like three years - so it needs to go sooner rather than later. You'll see that I have made some progress this month, although it's not much and I can see this bottle lasting for six months at least.

I'm not only using it in my own hair, but also in my kids' hair because it works so beautifully on their curls. I'll do my best to pan it in less than six months, but I don't know how likely that is.


Next is my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop. When I opened this to see how much I'd used, I was surprised to see how close it's getting to empty and I think we can say that it will be finished this month - although my memory of these is that the last bits around the sides of the bottle tend to last longer than you might think.

Still, it will be gone within two months, no question.

Next, my Andalou mask. Here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


So I've made some reasonable progress and I may well finish it this month. We'll see.

I love this mask and I've been using it twice weekly across my face, neck and dec, and it's only  a 50g tub so it's not taking me too long to get through. It will definitely be done within two months, I can say that for sure.


Next up is my Marc Jacobs primer, which you can see that I almost finished this month. Indeed, I thought I was going to finish it - but I didn't quite get there in the end.

I can see this being done within a week, and it may well be the first item to go this month. We'll see.


Above is my Chapstick Total Hydration Moisture + Tint in Rose Petal. I don't love this product because I find it drying (and it's dried my lips out with frequent use), but I want to finish it because I'm getting so close now and I can wear it if I mix it with something else.

My apologies, but I forgot to do a marker for this product when I introduced it (sorry!) - although I can tell you that I've used more than half so I know I'll finish it this month.


Above is my Urban Decay eye primer. As you can see, I've used about half of what's left and I should be able to finish it this month.

Even if I don't, the remaining product has gotten a little thicker and I can see the remains drying out soon and becoming unusable, so I expect to finish this product by next update either way.


Last up, my Dermaveen moisturiser. I've been using this as a hand cream because I'm low on hand cream at the moment but have plenty of face cream, and as you can see, I'm getting to the end of this product too.

Yep, it's another item that will be finished this month. Looks like my March update will be a lot more successful than my February one.


Above you'll see my two replacements. I've chosen one skincare item and one makeup item, because I've got my makeup and skincare inventories coming up at the end of March and I would like to finish as much stuff as I can before then.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


First up, my Skin Physics Dragon's Blood 3 in 1 Advanced Treatment Cleanser (reviewed here).

I absolutely love this cleanser but it's the oldest cleanser I currently have open, so it's the one I should get through first. Because it contains active ingredients, I only use it twice a week as a kind of mask/cleanser hybrid - but because I use quite a bit each time (I slather it on like a mask), I can see the remaining product being gone within two or so months.


Last up, my Manuka Doctor ApiRefine CC Cream SPF 20 (reviewed here). I really enjoy this product but it's my least-favourite of the four bases I have open, so it should be the first one to go.

It's also a good product for summer, so I'll keep using it while the sun's out until it's gone. As you can see, I don't have much left so it should be gone within a few weeks.

In sum

That's all from me. It's been a slow start to the panning year, but I can tell already that March is going to be a big month because so many of my items are on the way out.

After that I'll have to bring in a wave of fresh products, and do note that this is getting harder and harder to do because my makeup collection in particular is nowhere near as big as it used to be (phew)!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.