Makeup no buy 2019: three month update

/
0 Comments

I did my skincare no buy update yesterday (see here) and I'm back today to do my makeup one.

It's been three months since I started both spending bans, and I have to say, it's been smooth sailing so far and I haven't thought about buying anything.

Still, I have had a makeup item come in during February because my husband bought it for me as a surprise. What happened was that he went away to NZ on business, and since he's about to take two more trips (leaving me alone with two pre-schoolers), he bought me a highlighter he knew I wanted as a thank you.


* Image courtesy of temptalia.com

It's the Marc Jacobs O!mega Glaze All-Over Foil Luminiser in Gilty. When I saw this come out, I was looking at it a lot online because I felt like it was the highlighter I'd been waiting for. It's from Marc Jacobs - a brand that's up there with Hourglass as being a favourite - and it just looked like the right kind of colour for me.

So my husband bought it for me when he got back from NZ, bless him, and I'm really glad he did. While it didn't go straight to the top spot as my favourite highlighter when I started using it, I do really like it and I'm looking forward to reviewing it soon.

Plus there was room for another highlighter in my collection because I've finished a couple lately, so I know it will get used a lot. That's the main thing!


That's my update for the month. I'm still on a no buy and I still haven't broken my no buy rules, and I do intend to keep the purse strings closed until my birthday at the end of June. After that I'll work out whether to reinstate the no buy for the rest of the year or otherwise change it to a low buy.

In the meantime, I'll keep panning away - with the aim of finishing as many items as I can this year because I want to keep streamlining my collection and reducing what I own.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com unless otherwise indicated


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.