How long does it take to finish: a cream concealer?

/
0 Comments

I was umming and ahhing about what product to test this month in my 'how long does it take to finish...?' bundle of posts. In the end I decided to use the concealer pot in this Drww Mix & Match set (received from Memebox): it's 1.5g in size and, in my experience, that seems to be a standard amount for travel-sized cream concealers.

I am of course using a smaller sized concealer because the test period will be shorter and I tend to get bored of products all too quickly! Obviously, if you want to know how long your full-sized concealer will last, you can calculate that based on its size versus the size of this one.

Here's the little concealer pot, middle of the bottom row:


A few things to note:
  • This concealer is quite sheer and rubbish, so you'd need to apply more of it to get any kind of coverage. I'm not going to do that, however - I'm going to use it as I would a better concealer and rely more on my CC/BB cream to conceal imperfections, which I can do now that I'm more tanned (thanks sun!) and my dark circles aren't so pronounced. I'm doing this so that the test is as 'standard' as possible for cream concealers.
  • I use concealer under my eyes and beside my nose (there's some redness there). Occasionally I might use it to conceal a red blotch if I have one or two of those pop up. If you use concealer to hide other things like blemishes, scars etc, you may go through it more quickly.
  • I'll use it once a day, every day until it runs out. That way we can say, eg, that there are X number of uses per gram.

That's it! I'll check back in soon with a verdict. From previous experience, I think the pot will last me between one and two months. We'll see!

Do you know how long a concealer normally lasts you?


Verdict

And we're done! This little 1.5g pot of concealer lasted around nine weeks, or just over two months. That's longer than I was expecting, although come to think of it, I've been through a few (much better quality) 1.5g travel-sized concealers, and they do tend to last for 2.5 to 3 months. I know this based on how many I get through each year. (As with many beauty products, I do tend to prefer travel-sized concealers because I'm fickle and like trying new things, and also because it's hard enough to finish makeup items without buying full sizes each time.)

Now I'm thinking about the fact that, after opening a new Memebox concealer to trial last week, I now have three concealers open - one of which is 15g in size and only has an 18 month shelf-life. Hmph. Better get another one into Project Pan 2015 I reckon!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.