January 2017 favourites

/
0 Comments

Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF 50+

I'm sure you've heard me go on about this product more than enough by now, but I'd be lying if I said this hadn't been a favourite for the whole summer because I reach for it daily and I couldn't live without it. It's been especially important during January because we've been out in the sun quite a bit and I've kept this handy for top-ups during the day, as well as slapping some on after my moisturiser each morning.

If you haven't tried this yet, I urge you to grab a sample because I'm yet to find a facial sunscreen that's this good and that never fails me. I also love that I can pat it on over makeup without risk of disturbing my face or leaving a slick finish. Just a sensational product. Full review here.


IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF 50+

I'm sure I've included this in my monthly favourites before but I'm including it again because it's been my go-to base ever since I knocked off the foundation I was using as part of Project Pan 2016. Why? Because it's easy to use, it's a good colour-match and it boosts my sun protection so I know that if I haven't put on quite enough of my Mecca sunscreen, this will fill any gaps. I've reviewed it here.

While the product didn't quite make my yearly favourites because it's got a little too much coverage for my personal tastes, it's still a product that I may well purchase in future (this deluxe sample came in a sub box) because I can sheer it out and make it work with a little extra blending and a drop of oil. A hyped-up product for a reason.


Alpha-H Gentle Daily Exfoliant

Full review here. I need to re-shoot my photos of this product now that I have a full-size I'm using, but this old photo will do for this post. I realised after posting my 2016 skincare favourites that I'd forgotten to include an exfoliant, but if I had, this would have been it.

It's a white powder that you mix with water to make a paste and then rub across the skin. It's hard to describe just how good this is, but suffice to say that it's a great product to use if you have sensitive skin or if you've eg been overdoing the glycolic treatments and you want something that won't rub your face raw but will still do the job. It resurfaces and brightens the skin beautifully and I've repurchased it twice now so that's saying something!


Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight

Full review here. There's a reason why this highlighter has been a favourite in the beauty community for years: it adds a beautiful, believable glow and it's a soft golden colour that should suit a variety of skintones.

If you've seen my makeup inventory, you'll know that I have a whopping sixteen powder highlighters in my collection, and if I had to start over and buy only five, this would be one of them. Reason being, it always looks good, it doesn't emphasise texture and it works beautifully on both the eyes and the face. Some people also use it as an all-over finishing powder, so it's one of those highlighters that does more than others because its subtlety lends it flexibility. A favourite for good reason.


Natural World Moroccan Argan Oil

This is the second bottle of this oil that I've been through, and after having tried a few more expensive ones last year, I've realised how good this one is. Indeed it wound up in my 2016 favourites, but I'm including it again here because I've used it so much throughout January. Full review here

Not only is it cheaper than many, but it also comes in this handy little handbag-sized bottle that's perfect for touching up on the go. It nourishes, repairs, tames frizz and adds shine and moisture - exactly what my locks need. Plus I prefer it over more expensive oils that I've tried because I can use it liberally and it doesn't weigh my hair down - even if I apply it throughout the lengths and not just to the ends. Definitely one to test.

In sum

That's my first monthly favourites post for the year! I hope you've had a good start to 2017 and have already found yourselves some fantastic products to use and love.

In the next few days I'll also post my monthly Project Pan and Pan that Palette updates, so do stay tuned for those because I have some good progress to share.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.