Mecca L3 Beauty Loop Box, August 2017 - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

On Wednesday last week I made a little Mecca order that I'd been saving for when the Beauty Loop boxes arrived. While in the past I've always just gone in-store to grab my box, ever since having my second child, it's generally been more trouble than it's worth so I've just saved up any orders and done them when I could add the box to my cart. 

Mind you, I've asked myself whether I'd be better off going in-store since the last two boxes I've received (both of which came from online orders) have included the things I was least interested in, while when I went in-store I generally had better luck.


So, in my box I received:
  • Glamglow Glowstarted Mega Illuminating Moisturiser in Nude Glow
  • Chantecaille Rice and Geranium Foaming Cleanser
  • Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lip in Crimson Glow
  • Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black

These are all deluxe samples.


I saw on YouTube that you could also have received these:
  • Chantecaille Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion
  • Too Faced Mascara Melt Off
  • Kevyn Aucoin The Eye Pencil Primatif in ‘Brown

While no one likes to get too grumpy about stuff we're receiving for free (!), I would have taken any of these over the Stila eyeliner and the Smashbox liquid lipstick, both of which I've already decluttered and sent to a better home. Eh, I'll live ; )

Let's have a quick look.


Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black

This cult-classic eyeliner claims to deliver long-wearing waterproof capabilities and a precise application. It should glide across the lid without pulling, smudging or running.

This is indeed a cult-classic and I'm sure that many people would have been super happy to receive it, it's just that I don't wear liquid eyeliner and I also don't wear black (I find that brown is more natural).

As mentioned above, I've already decluttered this product so it's gone to a better home.


Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lip in Crimson Glow

Full coverage colour meets high shine in this next-level liquid lip formula, formulated with a mix of multidimensional, molten metallic and vinyl-like lacquered finishes. Each shade is loaded with four levels of light-reflective pearls and the formula should never feel sticky, dry or uncomfortable.

I know that metallic lips are in but it's just not a look I'm interested in wearing. I'm 37 and spend my life at home looking after two young kids, so there's not really a place for a bright red, metallic liquid lipstick in my life - particularly given that I don't wear red (it doesn't suit me) and my lips are also always dry so I've skipped the whole liquid lipstick trend altogether.

I've already passed this on too.


Glamglow Glowstarted Mega Illuminating Moisturiser in Nude Glow

For a next-level glow that's out of this world, it's all in the skin prep. Harness your full luminosity potential with this nutrient-loaded, light-reflective moisturising cream that replenishes moisture, blurs imperfections and imparts a beautiful glow with a hint of tint.

Now this product I will definitely try. Looks like it operates as a kind of hybrid moisturiser and primer, and I don't mind a multipurpose product so hopefully I like it. Mind you, the full size costs $71 AUD and I don't normally spend that much on a moisturiser (serums yes, moisturisers no) so it probably won't be one that I'll buy.


Chantecaille Rice and Geranium Foaming Cleanser

Botanically infused, this luxurious foaming cleanser removes dirt and impurities while gently buffing, polishing and softening the skin. Rice bran exfoliates, geranium helps stimulate the lymphatic system, and soybean, green tea and lime leaves are antioxidants that protect skin from free-radical damage.

Last time we received a sample skincare item from Chantecaille I ended up buying the full size because I loved it so much (it was a mask, reviewed here) - even though it was super expensive. At $93 AUD for 70ml, this cleanser is also seriously expensive so I hope I don't love it!

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little unboxing post and that you're happy with the goodies you received in your box.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.