Project Dent 2017: Clarins Aquatic Treasures Summer Bronzing Compact #2

/
0 Comments

I have a curve-ball post for you today. 

Reason being, my husband flew up to Sydney to see his sister on Thursday so I've been flying solo with a toddler, a baby and a very needy Golden Retriever since then - meaning I'm absolutely buggered physically and I haven't had the best sleeps because I'm the only one here to re-settle any witching-hour waker-upper-ers (that's SO a word).


Anyhoo. Rather than phaff around with the empties post I was attempting to write, I've decided to instead do an early Project Dent post - which I was planning to do anyway, once I'd finished denting my Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Monochrome.

So I'm a few days early with this, and yes, I've decided to dent this Clarins bronzer: which as you may remember, I have dented before (see last update post here).


I've decided to dent it again for two reasons:

First, all the photos are already done and I haven't used it once since I last dented it (although I have used the compact as a mirror because it's a good size so it's been floating around in my handbag).

Second, I need to decide whether I'm going to pan this bronzer next year. The two bronzers on my 'panning potentials' list are this Clarins one (reviewed here) and my Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed (reviewed here).

So, just to refresh our memories, here's how my bronzer looked when it was brand new (direct sunlight):


And in natural light:


And here's how it's looking as of today, 13 August 2017 (direct sunlight) - incidentally exactly how it looked when I last dented it, since it's one of those products I always forget about:


And in natural light:


As you can probably tell - and as I noted in my past Project Dent update post - it looks like we've got a bit of hard-pan happening in the rim towards the middle of the circles (where the little 'beads' are). If I find that the hard-pan is getting in the way of proceedings, I might try to remove it with tape. We'll see.

My plan for this product is to use it until the end of August, and by then I'll have decided whether to: a) declutter it; b) pan it in 2018; or c) set it aside for panning in 2019.

Ideally I'd like to pan it before the Urban Decay product because it's older than that one and 'needs' to go first; however there's 20g of product in here so it'll take ages to finish - and if I can find someone who really wants it between now and then (eg my sister might), then I'd rather pass it on. It's not that it's a bad product, it's just that I have other bronzers I prefer and that suit me better in terms of colour.

But enough! There's washing to hang out, food to cook, benches and floors to clean...

Really hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.