Project Dent 2017 update: Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Monochrome

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next update post for Project Dent.

Back on 31 July, I introduced this Hourglass quint to my Project Dent series (see intro post here) and I've used it every day since then.  

What I realised during the denting period is that this palette is more versatile than I first thought: aside from needing a separate bronzer, I can use this for my whole face because it contains shades that can be used for setting my concealer, as blushes, as my face highlight and also for filling in my brows. Who knew?!

Anyhoo. Here's how my palette looked 2.5 weeks ago, on 31 July (photo is enhanced for clarity):


And here's how it looks now, after 2.5 weeks of daily use (enhanced for clarity):


You can definitely see progress, especially in the shimmer shade (there's a little hole down the bottom where I've been focusing my brush). 

I used the cream shade all over the lid and also to set my concealer; the shimmer I used as a lid colour and also as a face highlight; the pink and lavender shades I used not only on the eyes but also mixed on the cheeks as my blush; and the dark shade I used for the outer v and also for filling in my brows.

I reckon I've hit pan on the shimmer shade, it's just that you can't see those telltale diamonds showing through quite yet. Soon!

The thing that struck me most during the denting period was that never once did I tire of using this palette. Normally I'm over my Project Dent products by the two-week mark, but I completely forgot that I was due to move this one out of circulation because I've been enjoying it so much.

If you'd like to see my review of this quint, it's here. I know some people don't like these Modernist palettes, but this particular one is fantastic and I'm so glad I own it. I do own two more of these quints but I haven't yet used them enough to review them. Fingers crossed they turn out to be as good as this one.

Now, to pick out my next item for Project Dent...

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.