Priceline sale: haul

/
0 Comments

As you may know, Priceline had a skincare and then a makeup sale recently - so all stock was reduced by 40% and, like the good beauty junkie I am, I took full advantage.

Note that my husband bought the La Roche-Posay Anthelios BB Cream for me during the skincare sale - I'd asked him to buy the regular sunscreen because I'd heard good things about it, but apparently only the tinted one was left - while the other products were all bought by me in the makeup sale.

Let's have a look at what I bought.


Natio Tinted Moisturisers SPF 20 in Neutral, Beige and Honey

Why did I buy three, do you ask? Well, I bought all three shades in the range because pretty soon I'm going to be out of mixers for my base products - and I liked the three shades on offer in this formula.

Neutral is too pale for me, Beige is a little too warm and Honey is too deep. I suspect my closest match will be a mix between Neutral and Beige, but I mainly bought these products to use to adapt any base product to my nobody-makes-foundations-in-my-colour skintone.

Normally I buy concealers or illuminators to alter the colour of my foundations, but I'd heard good things about this tinted moisturiser and since it cost around $11 AUD on sale (it's $18.95 at full price), I decided to go with this because you get a whopping 50ml of product and it also contains sunscreen.

Of course, that's a lot of mixer product to get through, but I am expecting to mix the shades to use alone as tinted moisturiser as well so I reckon I'll be right.


Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolour x 3

I've been wanting to try these for ages because a lot of people rave about them and they're apparently lightweight and hydrating, plus they offer a satin finish (sounds right up my alley).

Problem is, they retail in Australia for $24.95 AUD at full price and you only get a tiny 1.7g of product, so for that amount you may as well go and buy yourself a high-end lipstick and get a full 4g.

While initially I thought I'd buy the two purple-toned shades (Twighlight and Blossom) and a nude, when I swatched the purple ones I realised that I already have similar shades so in the end I went for Vineyard (a mauve), Desert (a deep nude) and Coral (a coral, believe it or not ; )).

I'm really looking forward to trying these but I likely won't open them for a few months because I need to pan more of the lipsticks I have open before trying these.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Matte Nudes Lipstick in 555 Naked Coral

As you may know, Maybelline makes my favourite lipsticks so I was hoping to pick up just one more of these during the sale. While I'd wanted a cream formula (I've reviewed one here) because my lips are perpetually dry, I got to the sale a bit late so any shade I was interested in had already sold out.

Still, there was one left of this Naked Coral shade and I do like the matte formula (I've reviewed one here) so I went ahead and grabbed the last one. 

Next time Priceline has a makeup sale, I'll be sure to get there earlier and find a couple of the cream versions to add to my collection.


La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL Melt-in BB Cream SPF 50+

Since I'm all about the lighter coverage products that contain plenty of sunscreen, I knew I would be buying this product in the sale. 

I'd heard good things about it from several sources so my only issue was finding a good colour match, and while I think this 02 Medium version may be a hair too dark, the lighter one was too pale and grey for me so this was my best option.

I'm currently panning the only two tinted moisturisers/BB creams I own, so I expect to open this soon. If it's good, I can see it being a repurchase because it costs around $34 AUD at full price so on sale it's a lazy twenty bucks. Plus it contains plenty of sunscreen and I do like La Roche-Posay as a brand so I'm hopeful. Fingers crossed.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Tinted Comfort BB Cream SPF 50+

As mentioned above, I didn't actually buy this for myself and I wasn't intending to: what I wanted was the stock-standard Anthelios sunscreen because I'd heard that it wasn't greasy and I thought it would be a good budget alternative to my HG Mecca To Save Face SPF 50+ (reviewed here).

Still, you have to give my husband points for buying this for me when the regular one was sold out during the recent skincare sale. 

What I'm hoping is that this version won't contain much coverage and that it's otherwise the same as the original Anthelios formula, so I can use this as my facial sunscreen but still go in with my tinted moisturiser over the top. We'll see. I'll have to get the standard version next time.

In sum

That's all from me! Do let me know in the comments what goodies you picked up during Priceline's recent sales.

I'm really looking forward to trying this stuff and I'm quite proud of myself because I could have gone absolutely bonkers (and golly I wanted to), but I did stick to my list - minus the tinted BB cream that my husband bought.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.