Pan that Palette 2019: February update

/
1 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first Pan that Palette update post for 2019!

I started my challenge on 7 January (see my intro post here) and my aim will be to update you monthly either on the 7th or within a day or two of that date every month.

Let's get straight into it.


First up is my Too Faced palette, which I've been quietly working on since the beginning of 2018 - so I had a head-start on this and I do think I'll finish it this year, although of course I still have my work cut out for me and it won't be easy.

Here's how my palette looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

One month ago:


Today:


You should be able to tell that every single shade is showing more pan than it did one month ago, and indeed I've used half the palette in my eye looks every day so everything has been used plenty of times.

I reckon Heaven will be the first shade to go and I'm getting close to needing to re-press that, so I expect that to be done next month. Otherwise Cashmere Bunny and Lace Teddy are showing the most movement, and I expect those shades to be done by April's update.

My aim for next month will be to finish Heaven and keep working on Cashmere Bunny and Lace Teddy in particular, because those latter two shades are duped in my custom palette (see below) and I would like to pan those so I can focus on my similar shadows.


Now for my custom palette. This is also showing some good moment, and while a lot of the eyeshadows aren't showing that much progress yet because I've been focusing on my Too Faced palette, you'll definitely see some change and I know I can finish some of the powders within the next few months.

Here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Last month:


Now:


You can see there's been some movement, although admittedly most of that movement involves the blush and bronzer, whereas the eyeshadows aren't showing much progress.

As always, let's work in sections. 

My Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadows, as they were last month:


And now:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

One month ago:


Today: 


So I've used all eight of these shades at least a few times in the last month, but we're mainly seeing progress on the two large pans because I use those almost every day after lunch, once my Too Faced eyeshadow has faded a bit and I need to refresh it.

Do note, though, that the gold is looking more used in real life than it does above because I often use that as a highlighter, and the pink above it is also showing a decent dip because I often use that after lunch too.

My aim with this section of the palette will be to keep using these shades as often as possible now, before I start focusing on them more in the second half of the year (by then I'll have panned some of my Too Faced shadows so these will replace those).

Now for Benefit's Hoola, as it was last month:


And now:


Now for enhanced shots.

One month ago:


 And now:
  

As you can see, I've hit a huge chunk of pan in that lower left-hand square and I can see myself getting close to finishing that next month.

I also think the square above it is getting close to pan, and once we see pan there, it will expand pretty quickly because the dip in the powder runs across a large portion of the surface area.

My aim will be to finish this bronzer within three to four months, and after that, I'll replace it with another bronzer that I would like to finish before the end of the year.

As for my Kevyn Aucoin blush in Dolline, here's how it looked last month:


And today:


Enhanced shots now.

On month ago:


Today: 


First, excuse the furry bits on the edges of my palette: it's a cheap one that's made of cardboard, and my brush has obviously fuzzed up the edges so now it looks gross. Eek! Hoh well.

As you can see, I've made a good dent in this thing and we can see plenty of movement. I'm using it not only as a blush, but also mixed in with my setting powder to brighten my face slightly (without making me look peach). I hope to have this done in two months but it may be more like three. We'll see.

Last up, my round eyeshadow pans, as they were last month:


Now:


One month ago, enhanced for clarity:


Today:


I've used the shimmers quite a lot over the last month but we're not seeing great progress on those yet so it mightn't be until next month that you can really see how much I've used them. That dirty gold that looks almost green is probably showing the most progress, and I have been working on that more than the others because it's the shade I like the least so I'd like to see it gone from my collection.

Do note that what I've discovered over the past month is that I'm absolutely obsessed with those first two gold shimmers: I mixed them myself and I love them, meaning that I actually don't want to pan them! So what I've decided to do is switch them out in a couple of months, once I pan the blush and bronzer and need to replace those. That way I can work on those two shades for a bit and make some good progress on them, while keeping them in my collection for a little longer.

In sum

That's all from me. It's been a pretty good first month for Pan that Palette and I'm pleased with my progress to date. 

While I'm still not sure how long it will take me to pan my entire Too Faced palette (anywhere between six to ten months I reckon), I do know that I'll finish it this year so that's the main thing.

Do let me know in the comments how you're going with you own panning projects: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did so well with your palettes!! I've been using so many shadows except the one in my pan that palette for the year. It's only a quad but something about it being expensive (YSL), a small selection (quad) and neutral shades makes me not reach for it despite how beautiful the finish is. Maybe i need to do a stronger lip first so i dont reach for my very sparkly shadows!

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.